basically the title says it all. Im customizing my onyx tele copy and i want to kno wat the best tele p.u's for metal.
DAVE FOR PRESIDENT!!!
I know guys like David Gilmour & Eric Clapton buy Lace single-coil pickups, but for metal? The strat/tele guys who play predominantly metal usually (but not always) replace the single-coils with some kind of mini-humbucker.

And lots of companies make them- Carvin, Seymour-Duncan, DiMarzio, Tesla and many, many more...there are even EMG mini-humbuckers as I recall.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Yeah, EMG humbuckers are probably a good idea.

Perhaps the ones Jim Root has in his Tele, but you have to get it routed, or you could do it youself (like me)

But otherwise you'd probably be looking at some kind of stacked humbucker
yeah im thinking of re-routing the wood to fit humbuckers. cheers for the feedback everyone
DAVE FOR PRESIDENT!!!
For metal, your amp matters far, far more than your pickups. For any genre your amp matters much more than your pickups, but it's even more so with metal. You could put the most ''brutal'' pickups in the world in your guitar and if you're playing through a low-gain Fender amp you're not going to manage even hard rock, let alone metal. Even when using active pickups, without an amp that is naturally high-gain and used in the correct way all you're going to achieve is a louder clean tone.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^That would be the truth.
Unless it's an SD Blackout Metal. Ridiculously high output - driving a twin reverb into preamp saturation is easy for it.

I could play metal on a Jazz box if I wanted to, through the right amp (with a noise gate, of course).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The Dimarzio Chopper is a great choice. I have one in my tele and it works great
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Look into EMG and GHS. They might have some things you want =D
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
seymour duncan cool rails in the bridge and a full shred in the neck!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab