So, I've finally got a tone I like. But I'm having trouble positioning the mic. If I place it where I am it's too quiet, and wherever I get it that it's loud enough, the tone either sounds too scooped, too trebly or too saturated. On top of that, through the mic, it doesn't sound like something recorded professionally like so many indie artists recording in their homes can get it to, it sounds like something someone recorded in their bedroom, nowhere near the quality of the Pro Tools loops I'm using. I'm using an Audix i5(Which I'm considering trading in for an SM57 since it seems like it's the mic everyone swears by) running through a 20' LiveWire XLR cable into an M-Audio Fast Track onto a Lenovo Thinkpad(To soon be traded in for something more suiting what I need out of a laptop, since this thing hasn't done it's job as well as I'd hoped) running Pro Tools M-Powered 7, since for some reason my amp refuses to work with pedals, I'm running my stratocaster straight through a 20' Artist Instruments 1/4" cable into my Blues Junior, getting distortion the old fashioned way, cooking the tubes.

Any advice as to alterations I could make to the setups, my equipment and EQ(Which I'd prefer not to list, but can if need-be) or the section of my room I have everything set up in to fix the tone? Also, what would you say about swapping the i5 for an SM57?

As always, greatly appreciated to everyone here.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Bump because I need help fairly soon to try and convince my band to actually let me write some of our music, and I figure there's no better way than an album of original material.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
You didn't say what tone you want but this video will help you.
Even if you're not recording metal, he gives you a lot of valuable information and shows you like 8 miking positions (I think you might like 2 or 3).