Short but sweet, even when sticking with repetition and K.I.S.S.(Keep It Simple, Stupid), my instrumental compositions on the electric guitar sound like self-indulgent improv, not an actual song. My acoustic instrumental bits are fine, but my electric ones just don't sound very good. Any advice or is it something I need to figure out myself?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Songwriting is just like an instrument: it gets better the more you practice doing it. Just keep trying over and over.

Though having a melody as opposed to just random shred will always help an instrumental lol
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by pigeonmafia
Songwriting is just like an instrument: it gets better the more you practice doing it. Just keep trying over and over.

Alright, will-do.

Though having a melody as opposed to just random shred will always help an instrumental lol

Generally I try to apply those; but they're just not quite as good as the vocal melodies I come up with to me.

Quote by Matt420740
Do you have any material we can listen to? Would make it a lot easier to give advice.

Well, it's 3:30 AM here, so I can't exactly set up to record right now. tomorrow is busy for me, so I can't guarantee about then, but at the very latest by Friday night, I'll put up one of my acoustic instrumentals and, if I can fix it's recorded tone, one of my electric instrumentals.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0