now i have tried nano muff overdrive and hardwire tube overdrive....
the sound becomes a bit more vivid and just that...
cant really get those overdriven sound (i dun mean loud or distorted sound..just overdriven sound) i heard from songs and internet demo...
is it because my amp is only 10W? or because my pickup (dimarzio virtual solo) is not a super hot output one?

1000000000 thx....
tired of finger speed exercise and turned into slow blues improvisation lately
sounds like you need a new amp or a very high gain pedal.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
bear with my ignorance...but i though how much WATT u have in an amp is only about loudness not sound colour? V_V! i am confused...
Quote by molala2
bear with my ignorance...but i though how much WATT u have in an amp is only about loudness not sound colour? V_V! i am confused...

graspchoke!!!!!'s post was a joke. it sounds like you need a high gain pedal, someone else here will know better than me.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Its the amp... get you something a little hotter or better quality..

those clips you look at dont help much unless they are playing on your kind of amp..

each pedal is going to sound different with almost each individual amp..

i got a metal muff and man it sounds 10X better on a tube then an SS
Quote by graspchoke!!!!!
....It is because your amp is only 10 watts. Get a 75 watts at least.

TS, it sounds to me like you want that nice tube breakup that you won't get on your SS amp. Look into some tube amps if that's what you want.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
it is a laney LX12 practice amp...
try a roland cube....
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
now i have spent this hard-earned 100 bucks on this hardwire tue OD....and it is like making no difference in my 10W AMP....so i will go to my friend's band room to try again with 30W or higher....so..yes...the issue to myself is "will a 10W amp miss out effect that is done or sound colour that you already have?"
Quote by molala2
now i have spent this hard-earned 100 bucks on this hardwire tue OD....and it is like making no difference in my 10W AMP....so i will go to my friend's band room to try again with 30W or higher....so..yes...the issue to myself is "will a 10W amp miss out effect that is done or sound colour that you already have?"

It's not the wattage that is the problem...it's the fact that the Laney LX12 is a pretty poor amp. Return that pedal to Tom Lee (assuming that's where you bought it) and used that money to get a new amp .

Oh yeah...nice to see someone else from Hong Kong .
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
The answer is YOUR 10W amp miss out effect and sound colour.

Please try a Roland Cube 15 or MicroCube. They will give you great overdriven sound with just the amp!
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by HellBoy9393
It's not the wattage that is the problem...it's the fact that the Laney LX12 is a pretty poor amp. Return that pedal to Tom Lee (assuming that's where you bought it) and used that money to get a new amp .

Oh yeah...nice to see someone else from Hong Kong .

oh i actually bought the hardwire thing this afternoon in TOMLEE....do u work for FBI or ICAC or what????

i was there also looking for a 30W laney amp too...but all out of stock in TST headquater...only the expensive marshall and line6 still on display and in stock...
Quote by molala2
oh i actually bought the hardwire thing this afternoon in TOMLEE....do u work for FBI or ICAC or what????

i was there also looking for a 30W laney amp too...but all out of stock in TST headquater...only the expensive marshall and line6 still on display and in stock...

LOL no I'm just a citizen of Hong Kong.

I suggest you return that Hardwire pedal as soon as possible so you can use that money to get a better amp. You should start a new thread if you want a new amp. remember to post these:

Budget
Willing to buy used gear (then again, from experience, HK has almost no second-hand musical instrument market)
Gigging or not
Musical styles
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
ok, i only read a handful of the posts due primarily to lazyness...

but i guaran-god-damn-tee you if you pump enough gain through anything it'll distort, be it 10w or 100w.
Quote by GrisKy
ok, i only read a handful of the posts due primarily to lazyness...

but i guaran-god-damn-tee you if you pump enough gain through anything it'll distort, be it 10w or 100w.

True but in the case of his 10 watt SS amp that distortion may not sound anything like what we call overdrive. In fact I can guarantee it won't.

TS - Unfortunately it sounds like you want a new amp. I'm surprised the hardwire isn't getting you close to the sound you want, though... Can you post youtube clips of what type of 'overdrive' you are looking for? Maybe that will help us understand what it is you want.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
True but in the case of his 10 watt SS amp that distortion may not sound anything like what we call overdrive. In fact I can guarantee it won't.

TS - Unfortunately it sounds like you want a new amp. I'm surprised the hardwire isn't getting you close to the sound you want, though... Can you post youtube clips of what type of 'overdrive' you are looking for? Maybe that will help us understand what it is you want.

oh, i see, we're going for a particular sound here, not just "my amp is an anomalie and won't distort even when i crank a dozen ODs through it... what does overdrive sound like again?" kinda' thread.

i'll read the whole thing next time... maybe...

+1 new amp

*runs out the door*
Quote by GrisKy
oh, i see, we're going for a particular sound here, not just "my amp is an anomalie and won't distort even when i crank a dozen ODs through it... what does overdrive sound like again?" kinda' thread.

i'll read the whole thing next time... maybe...

+1 new amp

*runs out the door*

Well I'm not sure... The way it reads it sounds like "my amp is an anomalie and won't distort even when i crank a dozen ODs through it... what does overdrive sound like again?" to me... But I'm assuming he means he can't get THE OD he wants, and not he can't get OD...

TS - Again, at the very minimum name a few bands that have OD sounds you like, and we can figure out why you aren't getting there. With those ODs you should be able to get a pretty decent OD sound, even through that amp.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnuxmBwNNgI

this is what i am after...

actually i was looking for a GT OD, the shop didnt have it so i went for the Hardwire things

in the shop the salesman demo it to me using a guitar with EMG active pickup and a 30W AMP....not as good as the GT OD in the video but it was still good

and i bought it, back home when i tried it with my 10W AMP...with high effect level the sound is still "ding ding done done" metal string sound....and with MAX effect level...it actually becomes a distortion pedal...

thx for all the helps tho mates
hello?