Page 1 of 2
There's an insane sale on saturday at a store in Perth .. just wondering if any of these things are good.. i know they are def worth the price coz so cheap but i wanna know which ones are jems.
First off, this is insane.. i couldn't believe this.. a $4,100 eric clapton signature strat for $120 (remember all prices in AU)! that's insane!

then we have a blackheart CRBL 100H valve head for $80
a blackheart CRBL412 4x12 cab for $80
Legacy hammercab 280w 4x12 cab $20
Crate CRFW 120H flexwave 120w head, ex demo $50
Crate CRFW65 flexwave 65W combo, ex demo $40
and a few more... this is crazy..
Dude.. at those prices just get what ever you can grab.
Worst case scenario you don't like it in which case just sell it elsewhere and make a quick buck
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
It's crazy.. surely that clapton guitar ain't right.
Doors open at 9am, what time you reckon lines will start forming?
I'm thinking to head down at 7am, i wanna get that clapton guitar if it is $120..
There was a sale at a billy hyde shop in sydney where they sold an $8,000 bass for $18 (not sure what model)
but people were lining up from like the moment the shop closed the day before

Join The NSW FTW Group
Shit, really?... wow... they got schecter C1-s for like $600 which isn't too bad... dan electro pedals for $10... and then some PA equip cheap too.... **** i want that clapton guitar though hey... if they go "nah typo, it's $1,200" can i be like "you have to honour this"?
also, if i buy shit like the legacy hammercab.. it's a huge 4x12 cab, how would i sell it? i guess ebay but still be hard.
If its advertised like on a pamphlet or on their website or something then they HAVE to honor it, but there would only be one of that guitar so you'd have to be pretty lucky.

The cab would be hard to sell.. but for the legacy one you said it was $20...

Why not just keep it as a back up or incase you decide to try some DIY modding on it or something. Or you could probably sell it to a friend or something

Join The NSW FTW Group
I got this in the mailbox coz I'm a member.. so it's on a letter.. but yeah only 1 of them there.... how long do you think I'd have to lineup to be towards the front?
those have to be typos... or else i might have to hate you.

going out of business sale?
it would depend on the store, location and how many people know about it and stuff like that. but i'd say at least like 3 hours or something i really dont know lol. Also look out for a clause (sp?) on the mailbox thing cause like, my guess would be its 1 item per customer or something to keep it fair

Join The NSW FTW Group
Nah not going out of business, just a "crazy one off bargain!"
doors open 9am.. I'm considering going at like 3-4am and waiting.. need a friend to go with though
At the bottom it says "stock wont be reserved so get in early, note: some items one only available. prices are correct at time of printing, but are subject to change without notice, stock cannot be reserved, doorbuster items in red, one per customer.
the ones i listed above were the doorbuster ones..
Basically does that mean that they can say the clapton is $120, then when i rock up say they changed it to $2k and its fine?
man, i have some mates in Victoria that are going, and they started lining up last night!!
i'd keep an eye out on the store as much as possible to see if people are lining up closer to the day
I don't live hell close to it though so i can't just pop by and check it out.
when's the one in vic pottsy?
I think I'll go and lineup from like 5am or something... i bet i'll rockup and ask for the clapton and they will have jacked the price up..
Quote by Demonikk
I wish more guitar shop staff did meth around here

right?
Guitar shop closing sales are great, when a local guitar store in Taree closed in 2009 they sold heaps of expensive stuff really cheap, they were selling American Strats for under $1000, Mexicans for like $400-500, I picked up an AXL guitar for $100 that was marked down from $500 (I got there when there wasn't much stuff left ), Marshall DSL heads for like $700. It was crazy.
Shit that sounds sweet... hopefully some of the worse guitar stores close down around here then haha.
This is at billy hyde though, fairly established stores... not quite chain stores but have lots of stuff and good staff i find.
If that is NOT a typo, I agree with BUY EVERYTHING, sell if you dont like it.

If it's not a typo I'm going to f**king RAGE.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
I doubt it's typo.. but with the ones i stated above it's 1 per person.. so I'll just grab whichever i can (hopefully the clapton) and probably sell it.. need the cash atm.
I'll definitely be at the one in Southport, I just don't think I'll be able to get there at 4 or so, I don't think my mum would appreciate me waking her up so early on a Saturday morning.

I'm a member, but I never receive sorta stuff in the mail, which gets annoying. Luckily my friend had a copy of the catalog, and it's on the website too.

It also says 'Huge deals on all stock.' Does that mean all of their stock will be marked down, or only the stock marked in the catalog?

Either way, there's some amazing deals. I've got my eyes set on a Marshall Vint Modern 50w Head for $90
Good luck getting any of that stuff. People are already lining up in Adelaide.

I doubt it's even worth going. Think of how many people got that catalogue. It will be chaos.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Just to clarify, all of those prices are not typos. The items will sell on the day for the advertised prices, however people WILL be lining up definetly Friday night if not tonight. If you intend to get a decent deal then make sure you camp out or odds are your going to be at the back of a fairly substantial line come Saturday morning.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
FLEXTONE ON THE CHEEPS!

Go fight for it!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
cbf, my time is worth more than saving that amount of money.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Yeah i don't think I'll lineup days early.. oh well.. i might pop down in the arvo though to see if there's any good deals and to just pick some strings up.. who knows, might come away with a bargain.
Guys ITS NOT A TYPO - ITS LEGIT

HOWEVER

This is a marketing trick by Billy Hyde. The ridiculous sales means they will increase the amount of customers over the day tenfold. They calculate that the loss they will make on these stupidly priced items will be countered by the amount of extra sales they make. Of course all the items like the clapton strat thats $200 will go at 9:01, but people will come in all day asking for them...when it isnt there theyll be offered something else.

Hate to burst your bubble guys but the odds of you getting one of those ridiculous deals is about zip, good luck anyways!
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Hahaha yeah i realise that, so I'm probably just gonna go get some cheaper things like strings.. and if i notice a bargain i can't pass up I'll grab that too.
I wonder if the staff can grab that stuff? They probs would.
Quote by sashki
There's no catch, Billy Hyde, Kosmic and Mega have a sale like this once a year usually, an you have next to no chance of getting that guitar, even though it will go for $120, someone else will most likely suss it out the day before and go straight for it as soon as the doors open.
****!!!, i wish i was there

Here i am in superior, expensive Sydney

But seriously, even if it was a typo they are legally forced to sell it for the price they sent you. Otherwise it is essentially bait and switch advertising and if they refuse, you could go to the ACCC and they would be fined about 1.2 million. Thats if you were a vengeful guy of course.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Oh I'm vengeful.... haha
Yeah my hopes aren't too high for grabbing a huge bargain on any of them considering there's strictly 1 per person and only 1 in stock.
can i price match this online through guitar center?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
^hahahahaha
Quote by sashki
Nah, you can, mate, just go in and let us know how it goes.

I mean, Billy hyde is only 12000 + miles away from a GC...Just say if they don't match it, you'll take your business elsewhere!

:P
Quote by sashki
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
So the sale was today, i wonder who got the eric clapton and all the other bullshit cheap stuff!
I'm gonna head down later and pick up some new strings and what not.
Seriously, i've been to these sales before.
It's not worth it.

And just to clarify, it's not one per person.
The shop will only sell one at that price!
I love white guitars!
Page 1 of 2