Hello peoples. I'm looking at two digital recorders here and having a hard time deciding which to purchase. The options are Line 6 GuitarPort and the Boss MICRO BR, both are the same price.

Line 6 GuitarPort comes with a program called RiffWorks that looks pretty awesome for putting together songs from recorded riffs, I can figure out how to use it easily enough, and I already have a lot of Line 6 software installed, so that shouldn't be to hard. Also, a big seller for me is that it has a lot of customizable drum tracks.

Boss MICRO BR I don't really know much about, haven't looked at it much. It seems to be basically the same thing but made by Boss instead of Line 6. Also comes with drum tracks, not sure if they're customizable.

Basically, I'm leaning towards the Line 6 GuitarPort, but before I buy it I want to see if anyone has anything to say about one or the other that I should know before buying.

tl;dr: I want a Line 6 TonePort, but is there something I should know that would make the Boss MICRO BR better (or any other recorder for that matter).
Last edited by 6StringSlaughtr at Nov 18, 2009,
depends if you want to record on your computer using a daw, or you want to record ideas quickly or when your at band practise?
Tick: Villains always have antidotes. They're funny that way

Gear
Musicman JP7 Mystic Dream/Piezo
Fernandes Revelle elite
Epi Les Paul Silverburst custom- Sd 59 + JB
Mesa Dual Rec + Marshall 1960 Cab
I don't need to be able to record quickly, I can take my time setting up and whatnot. All I'm interested in is quality.
then your probably better off getting the toneport, cause you can do a lot more in terms of using a daw, vsts, and line 6s software like pod farm, so you have more control and better results,

Were as the micro is excellent at putting out ideas, cause of the different build in tone settings for guitar and bass and drum patterns and fills, or recording with the mic when you go round mates
Tick: Villains always have antidotes. They're funny that way

Gear
Musicman JP7 Mystic Dream/Piezo
Fernandes Revelle elite
Epi Les Paul Silverburst custom- Sd 59 + JB
Mesa Dual Rec + Marshall 1960 Cab
Ok sounds good, as long is therer isn't some major problem with TonePort that I don't know about or some amazing feature on the Boss that I'm missing, I'll go with the Toneport. Just wanted to cover my bases before purchasing.