I mean is there a song, speech, type of text, or object of any sort that you live your life around or hold dearly? and is there a reason?

Personally, I live my life around the Wear Sunscreen speech. This speech means so much to me because it reminds me of when I was younger and on a few occasions made me shed a few tears.

Please, try to be a serious and sincere in your answers.
Quote by samlocke14
your in the wrong place if your after serious answers buddy

Irony...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by samlocke14
your in the wrong place if your after serious answers buddy

Yeah, this is kinda the Pit.

OT:
Anywho, I really don't live my life by anything in particular.
I mean, I guess if I had to pick one saying that I think about a lot it would be,"There is no forever, just today. Don't let your sacrifice waste away."
But hey, tha'ts not too important. I just try to live my life by the moment. =]
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
I live by a book, it's like my personal bible: Whatever you think, think the opposite by Paul Arden. It's an awesome book about how thinking out of the box can help you achieve anything you want.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
"Whenever I'm about to do something I think 'Would an Idiot do this?' If the answer is 'Yes' I don't do that thing" - Dwight Shcrute
When Im sad, I stop being sad, and go be awesome instead. True story.- Barney Stintson
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Zappa's "Shut up 'n' play yer guitar".
Last edited by Les Paul Ell at Jan 9, 2012,
What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more' ... Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: 'You are a god and never have I heard anything more divine.'- Nietzsche

Its not originally his idea, but the way he said it, makes sense to me.
Last edited by diminishedtobme at Nov 18, 2009,
Read sig. Three simple guidelines on how to approach living.
ALL THE PLAYERS ARE KEEN GRAVE MAKERS
Some mottos I live by:

The Golden Rule (everyone does to an extent, even douchebags)

Carpe Diem

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates

"We must repay, both good and bad: but why especially must it be to the one who did us good or bad?" - Nietzsche

"'Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,' he told me, 'just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had.'" - F Scott Fitzgerald in The Great Gatsby

"When you throw a stone into the water, it finds the quickest way to the bottom of the water. It is the same when Siddhartha has an aim... Siddhartha does nothing; he waits, he thinks, he fasts... He is drawn by his goal, for he does not allow anything to enter his mind which opposes his goal... Everyone can perform magic, everyone can reach his goal, if he can think, wait, and fast." - Hermann Hesse in Siddhartha
I personally live by many facets of the Bible. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but it was written over thousands of years and many parts of it really do show the collective moral lessons and teachings of an entire culture. A lot of its messages are true, regardless of your religion/lack thereof.

Please don't turn this into a debate about "Well in Leviticus they say "dont cut ur hair" so the bible is STUPID."

EDIT: Oh and a lot of quotes from Good Will Hunting
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Last edited by barden1069 at Nov 18, 2009,
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by barden1069
I personally live by many facets of the Bible. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but it was written over thousands of years and many parts of it really do show the collective moral lessons and teachings of an entire culture. A lot of its messages are true, regardless of your religion/lack thereof.

Please don't turn this into a debate about "Well in Leviticus they say "dont cut ur hair" so the bible is STUPID."

exactly how I feel about The Bible, it is a collection of an entire culture's beliefs about morality and the immortal and (as far as morality goes) on the whole, that culture put forth some of the best ideas we've had to date.
Quote by nmitchell076
exactly how I feel about The Bible, it is a collection of an entire culture's beliefs about morality and the immortal and (as far as morality goes) on the whole, that culture put forth some of the best ideas we've had to date.

We have to remember though that it has also been used as an excuse for some of the greatest travesties ever committed. Just as the Muslim religion gets twisted by extremists to support terrorism, the Bible can be a powerful weapon in the hands of the manipulative.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by barden1069
We have to remember though that it has also been used as an excuse for some of the greatest travesties ever committed. Just as the Muslim religion gets twisted by extremists to support terrorism, the Bible can be a powerful weapon in the hands of the manipulative.

agreed, why is it that in a book (or second half of a book) all about welcoming EVERYONE with open arms, do some people only read "kill the gays?" Makes no sense to me.
"...I will show my faith through my actions" James 2:18

"The women that are the hardest to catch are usually the funnest to chase." me

"A man is only as strong as the failures that it's taken to get him to where he's at. For me, a failure is just a misdirected triumph. You have to learn from everything, so a failure is not a failure. You only fail if it stops you or if it stunts your growth. If you keep going, then you didn't lose anything." Corey Taylor

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it." Thomas Jefferson

"The rule for wine is the same as the rule for hanging around certain people; moderation" me

"Don't make excuses; make improvements" me

You can see what God thinks of money when you see the people he gives it to. – Abraham Lincoln

"I fight for the ones who can't fight, and if I lose, at least I tried... I won't be the inconsequential. I won't be the wasted potential. I won't let the truth be perverted and I won't leave another victim deserted... We live and no one can stop us... If I have to give my life you can have it!" Pulse of the Maggots by Slipknot

^ good stuff to live your life by.

EDIT:
Quote by barden1069

Also good stuff. Nothing like being saved from Hell and sharing undamning love with the world! Jesus rocks.
Quote by aaciseric
But wouldn't all that be worth it to ride a zebra around campus? Perhaps dressed in chainmail? Maybe with a plastic sword and a wench who may or may not just be a prostitute?

Last edited by kstar22bassist at Nov 18, 2009,
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Applicable in every single walk of life.
ABBA