Hey, if you have read my previous threads about purchasing a reduced from 999 to 650 engl screamer, i have tryed everything and decided that its just not going to work. So iv sent it back and waiting for it to be refunded. Now i want somthing similar to it, its got to be loud enough to gig, but ok for bedroom practise.

Cheers

Josh
What do you exactly mean by "it's not going to work"?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
What do you exactly mean by "it's not going to work"?

It dosent work, the company i bought it off said it does, they say its the cable.... i have now tryed 7 different ones, that work on other amps fine. i think its the input socket because when i plug in, there is no click or nothing, its like it dosent acknoledge the cable is there.
i havnt read you previous thread so i dont know exactly what sort of sound your after but i am i big fan of the peavey vypyr series so it might be worth trying one out if you havnt done so already
Did you buy a Screamer head or combo?

If it was the head, did you (properly) hook it up on a cab?
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Did you buy a Screamer head or combo?

If it was the head, did you (properly) hook it up on a cab?

Its the combo.
Quote by captsnow
i havnt read you previous thread so i dont know exactly what sort of sound your after but i am i big fan of the peavey vypyr series so it might be worth trying one out if you havnt done so already

Im looking for a good clean and metal sound, also i want a tube amp. cheers ill look into the vyper
For that price range, you might want to get the Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo when it comes out. It will definitely get you the metal tone you want. If it's anything like the head, the cleans aren't great, but are certainly usable.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
OK.

EDIT: 6505+ combo is a good suggestion.
Or just look for a used 6505(+).
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Nov 18, 2009,
Yea iv been looking at 6505 112, the 212 would be too loud on the cheaper side iv been looking at the valveking 112, but iv heard the speaker is terrible, so i could just swap it for a v30? iv also seen the mesa F-50 but there hard to find... anymore suggestions would be great.