Hey there, I found someone who wants to sell his Koch Powertone to me for a really cheap price. I know it's a great and versatile amp, but does it has enough gain? I play a lot of metalcore/deathcore (Parkway Drive, August Burns Red,) and technical death metal (Born of Osiris, The Faceless).

Keep in mind it's the 1st version of the Powertone, not the Powertone II.
Thanks in advance!
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Quote by K!nj!
Hey there, I found someone who wants to sell his Koch Powertone to me for a really cheap price. I know it's a great and versatile amp, but does it has enough gain? I play a lot of metalcore/deathcore (Parkway Drive, August Burns Red,) and technical death metal (Born of Osiris, The Faceless).

Keep in mind it's the 1st version of the Powertone, not the Powertone II.
Thanks in advance!

If not boost it with a tubscreamer or maxon 808
Okay, well I heard people saying that the Powertone II had loads of gain but I wasn't sure if the original Powertone had it too.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
It has more gain and thump and drive than you could ever want......
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Well I haven't found that many clips of it, just those on the official website and about 2 of them on youtube. Does anyone know where I could find some more soundclips?