After 2 Years of Playing Bass I'm fed up of it - I want to learn Guitar. I know some basics but I just need a £300 or below Guitar. Ibanez seem to be the best Value.

Any Idea's?
what type of music to you play?
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006
Mesa Boogie Road King s.2
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cab

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro
Ibanez RG350 is a good guitar but tuning a locking tremolo can be a pain in the ass.
Legend.
hi bud, having just really started out playing myself I can tell u from trying loads of guitars that ibanez's are really nice to play if u get one without a locking trem. Lots of guys told me to steer clear of new epiphones though.
Quote by Lord_Westwood
Ibanez RG350 is a good guitar but tuning a locking tremolo can be a pain in the ass.

The Ibanez RG350 is indeed a good guitar, i love mine

and it costs approximately £0.32 to fix the floating bridge problem; mine's blocked with changed and electricians tape - job done.
but set up correctly and kept in one tuning it's fine (i just prefer that i can be guaranteed still in tune with a double locked fixed bridge - and i can have all the tuners in a straight line :P)
Go go Fernandes Ravelle! I love mine. It plays most styles of music really well, and it looks a bit different to everything else out there, which for me is definately a big plus
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
Either one of the Cort X or KX series
OR
Ellis Series 2 Les Paul which is far from a beginners guitar but in your price range. (Guy in Motorhead uses one)
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

The best guitar you could possibly buy in the whole world is the one im selling Jackson RX10D
I See Through The Darkness My Way Back Home...
Quote by Bigsteve92
The Ibanez RG350 is indeed a good guitar, i love mine

and it costs approximately £0.32 to fix the floating bridge problem; mine's blocked with changed and electricians tape - job done.
but set up correctly and kept in one tuning it's fine (i just prefer that i can be guaranteed still in tune with a double locked fixed bridge - and i can have all the tuners in a straight line :P)

why would you do that? more to the point, why would you recommend someone else do it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 18, 2009,
Squier Vintage vibe, Washburn wi200 pro.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

There's a couple of good Ibanezes for that price. If you're a beginner, go for a fixed bridge one. I have an RG321MH, cost me £200, and I still love it after 4 years; I don't think they make them any more, but there's a similar fixed bridge RG for about that price.

As far as "metal" brands go, Schecter also make decent guitars in that price range (Omen and 006), and I think ESP do as well.