Yep, don't you just love these threads?

Anyways, I'm not looking for a new amp RIGHT NOW, per say. Rather, I'm researching if you will, an amp to invest to in the future.

Basically, I need an amp that can handle high-gain music, produce heavenly cleans, and takes pedals pretty well. I prefer british-voiced amps, also. I play Stoner/Doom Metal in one band, Death/Black in another, and I have a personal project that plays a Post-Rock/Prog-Metal hybrid. I will use the amp for both gigging and jamming, but it doesn't need to be a 120w beast or anything.

I would love for the amp to have plenty of gain on tap, but i need the sparkly clean, so if it can't pull the br00talz without a boost or overdrive, thats fine. I need good cleans. I'd prefer an amp with 2 channels.

No budget, but i'd prefer to keep it under $1000, and i doubt that would be enough. $2500 would be as far as i can go, as i'd like to purchase this amp within my lifetime haha. I can go with used, too.

I've had my eye on Orange amps for a long time, is that the right way to go?

Oh, and I play a Schecter C1-Classic through a Fender Superchamp XD
Mesa Mk.V?? or a Rectifier?? both are pretty good on flexibility, but i dont know about prices cos i'm in the UK. the Diezel VH4 is supposed to be very good as well but i haven't played one myself. ENGL are also good, a Powerball or Savage would maybe be best for you. I think that they are pretty expensive in the US though.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Not sure what you'd pay in the US for one but a Blackstar Series One seems like it would fit your needs. They retail at just under or over £1k. I play similar stuff to you and that's the amp I plan to procure when the fates allow me to do so
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
A JCM800-derived amp is really your only option if you like Brit voicing. An 800/900 with a boost will work great and is easy to find at a good price, but there';s tons of modern amps loosely based on the venerable JCM800. A bit of googling will tell you loads more than I can in the small space of a forum.

There's tons of great amp makers that'd suit you if you're buying new - ENGL, Soldano, Diezel etc etc
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Not sure what you'd pay in the US for one but a Blackstar Series One seems like it would fit your needs. They retail at just under or over £1k. I play similar stuff to you and that's the amp I plan to procure when the fates allow me to do so

I was just about to say this. It goes from 45w to 4.5w and sounds great.
Quote by Dopey_Trout

from the demo's i've seen/heard, it sounds amazing, I would have to test it out in person first, but I have high hopes for it. But, it seems most of the people who own/sell them aren't in the US (from what I googled). I take its not available in the US yet?

Here's what I have my eyes on currently:
Engl Fireball
Orange Rockerverb
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50
Framus Cobra
Blackstar Series One

Also, does anybody here have any experience with Baron Custom Amps?
http://www.baroncustomamps.com/index.html
Last edited by Fullmetal_tmd at Nov 18, 2009,
Something from Matamp?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Matamps seem pretty hard to find in the US, atleast to me =/
Or are they called Electric Amps here?
Last edited by Fullmetal_tmd at Nov 18, 2009,
Quote by Fullmetal_tmd
Matamps seem pretty hard to find in the US, atleast to me =/
Or are they called Electric Amps here?

Electric Amps and Matamps aren't quite the same thing, but they're similar. You might also want to look at (old) Sound City and Sunn amps, and although you may end up using pedals for dirt, they're great for stoner doom stuff. Orange stuff is always good for that too.
acdcrocks0323: i'll look into splawns, i've heard they've got similar tone to marshall, except beefed up and whatnot. is this true?

Led Dirigible: i see. i just assumed because i found what i guess was the "american" site for matamps, and all it gave me just a like to their founder's bio, and a link to electric amps. I've also always wanted a Sunn Model T, but seeing as they're rare to find nowadays, i gave up that dream haha.
a mesa stiletto sounds like it would suit your needs. a marshall jcm 800would also work very well.
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me