Page 1 of 2
I'm not shocked by this. After sooooo many threads about all the terrible things that happen.

Maybe I'm just too apathetic today, but there's nothing really to argue here. He's a plain and simple idiot.
Whats sad is most likely this story will be shuffled when the verdict comes in and this cop will get off lightly.

I wish I was psychic.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
aw well stuff happens......................
Sarcasm is beautiful, think about it.
if you ran over 2 people and had to go to court for it, im sure youd try to get the place you work at to pay you leave too.

you guys dont understand being a cop is just like any other job, except you get away with more.
“I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD. And drugs are not central to my life.”

-Dr. Timothy Leary
Quote by eL SeaweeD

you guys dont understand being a cop is just like any other job, except you get away with more.

You are wrong. The police are there to protect innocent people, not ****ing kill them.
Quote by simmy17
You are wrong. The police are there to protect innocent people, not ****ing kill them.

be that as it may its still a job just like any other... so naturally you get the benefits of any other job, like paid vacations and paid leave when you have to go to court.
“I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD. And drugs are not central to my life.”

-Dr. Timothy Leary
The thread title made me think he actually went and hunted two people down and shot them.

This is straight fucked though. That video made me shudder.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by The_Casinator
Maybe he forgot he wasn't above the f*cking law.

If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by eL SeaweeD
be that as it may its still a job just like any other... so naturally you get the benefits of any other job, like paid vacations and paid leave when you have to go to court.

He was breaking the law when he's supposed to uphold it and it resulted in a death of two innocent people! His job is to protect them! Cops should be held to a higher standard than everyone else when it comes to laws. He should be stripped of his badge and be put in jail.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Im not sure who is more scum, cops or teenagers
Teenagers, without question. Cops have more experience in the scumminess, but teens easily outpace them with their creativity and energy at this endeavor.

Quote by simmy17
He was breaking the law when he's supposed to uphold it and it resulted in a death of two innocent people!
He hasn't been convicted of a crime. At least not yet.

Quote by simmy17
His job is to protect them!
Yep. and everyone else.

Quote by simmy17
Cops should be held to a higher standard than everyone else when it comes to laws.
Nope. Same standards. Different realms of responsibility, though.

Quote by simmy17
He should be stripped of his badge and be put in jail.
It's called "due process". Investigation, charges, hearing, trial, sentencing.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Nov 18, 2009,
So the whole thing is worse because he is cop?

I don't get the logic of you people.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by billybusa
So the whole thing is worse because he is cop?

I don't get the logic of you people.

thats kinda what i was trying to say. They are regular people like you and I. the only difference is they have inferiority complexes and cant get it up without a pistol in their hands. Other than that... bein a cop is just a job just as or more demanding as yours and mine... well it would be if i had a job

-Dr. Timothy Leary
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Im not sure who is more scum, cops or teenagers

Cops, teens grow out of it
looks like the 2 cops were racing to me.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by Caleb B

He was not headed to a call and had no lights or sirens on, traveling at 94 MPH. Wat?

How do we know this?

SHEdit: Nvm, just noticed the second link.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Nov 18, 2009,
he's on paid leave because he hasn't been found guilty of a crime yet. It's a procedural thing.

It's not like he got a raise.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by eL SeaweeD
thats kinda what i was trying to say. They are regular people like you and I. the only difference is they have inferiority complexes and cant get it up without a pistol in their hands. Other than that... bein a cop is just a job just as or more demanding as yours and mine... well it would be if i had a job

Most of the people on this site are kids, and are not very smart. Yeah I used to think it was cool saying omg **** cops lol all the time, but then I became an adult. They are infact normal people, the cop part is just a job. Sure some are corrupt, but there are far more corrupt people outside of law inforcement, go bitch about them.
Quote by UtBDan
this man hits the nail on the head.
Quote by blueriver
Most of the people on this site are kids, and are not very smart. Yeah I used to think it was cool saying omg **** cops lol all the time, but then I became an adult. They are infact normal people, the cop part is just a job. Sure some are corrupt, but there are far more corrupt people outside of law inforcement, go bitch about them.

This all of it.

I respect cops for what they do. Not all are crooked. It's just that the only ones you hear about are the crooked ones. No one makes a news article about a cop doing his job correctly. Most of the pit is 14-16, too immature to know anything, don't expect to find serious posts in a thread like this. "Fuck da poleece!!!" Grow up people.
Well, I sure hope you aren't referring to me because I never once put down this cop or any other cop. The only opinion I have on this is that it's true that police officers are and should be held to a higher standard with regards to the laws.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
he's on paid leave because he hasn't been found guilty of a crime yet. It's a procedural thing.

Exactly my point!

-Dr. Timothy Leary
Quote by Caleb B
Well, I sure hope you aren't referring to me because I never once put down this cop or any other cop. The only opinion I have on this is that it's true that police officers are and should be held to a higher standard with regards to the laws.

legal philosophers have just slapped the inside of the back of their skull.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
can we put a moratorium on sad news stories, for like, a week or two? the pit is getting me all depressed.

Quote by eL SeaweeD
if you ran over 2 people and had to go to court for it, im sure youd try to get the place you work at to pay you leave too.

I am pretty sure most people would lose their job over negligent homicide, rather than get a paid leave.

Quote by Lemoninfluence

What he meant was that cops should know better, and be treated harsher for violating the rules they are meant to uphold.
Last edited by dudius at Nov 18, 2009,
Quote by dudius
I am pretty sure most people would lose their job over negligent homicide, rather than get a paid leave.

regardless, of whatever evidence there is to suggest that a person has committed a crime, they haven't been found guilty of a crime yet. for the police, of all organisations, to ignore one of the main legal principles would be unacceptable.

Quote by dudius
What he meant was that cops should know better, and be treated harsher for violating the rules they are meant to uphold.

I know. I can read.

why not have a king (or judges, if you're going to argue that it's impractical) presiding over all cases and making all the decisions based on his (their) discretion?

Quote by element4433
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Nov 18, 2009,
This
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
He hasn't been convicted of a crime. At least not yet.

It's called "due process". Investigation, charges, hearing, trial, sentencing.

and this
Quote by Lemoninfluence

But i can see why people think it's worse as he is a policeman. As in theory, he earns his wages for protecting people, but is still getting them whilst being investigated for doing the exact opposite. Of course, he is due a fair trial in these claims, but if they're true it's sort of like a builder being given paid leave to smash up some buildings, or a doctor being paid to go and sneeze in some faces.
Quote by dudius
This, kind of. They shouldn't necessarily be treated more harshly, but in the minds of the people they are expected to follow laws a lot more closely than the gas station clerk down the road. I know that isn't really fair because he is just a normal guy like all of us, but that's the expectations that comes with the job.
Quote by Caleb B
This, kind of. They shouldn't necessarily be treated more harshly, but in the minds of the people they are expected to follow laws a lot more closely than the gas station clerk down the road. I know that isn't really fair because he is just a normal guy like all of us, but that's the expectations that comes with the job.

bull. shit.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Why? To use more comparisons...
It's like a health inspector opening a disease ridden restaurant. They know exactly what legal standards they should uphold, and how to, but are not.
I'm not saying that ignorance is an excuse for the rest of the population not to follow laws, but they're not the ones explicitly committing themselves to uphold the law or even saying they agree.
The phrase "lead by example" comes to mind.
Page 1 of 2