Hi everyone! This Christmas i am hoping to get a FX pedal, but next Christmas i might get a new guitar. i was wondering if any one new some good brands and types, hopefully in a price range £1-£400! thanks for all your help Neb!
... i dont even want to touch this

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Haha, planning out next christmas...

TS - You don't buy effects because you 'need effects' you buy effects to serve a purpose. What purpose would you like to serve? In other words, what is it about your current tone you dislike, or what is it you cannot do now but would like to be able to?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Big blue text is pretty.

Have a cookie.
I've exposed your lies, Mr. Citizen Erased. This will give me all the peace and joy in the world. The truth will unwind and scrape away because I don't love you and never did - so please:

...I'm a cool kid.
hi there tubetime, thanx for your message. i would like to do many more things with my sound as at the moment all i really have is a normal standard starter guitar and a tiny rubbish amp. im quite new to guitar as i only started a year ago and im not really shure how different guitars sound. this is wot im trying to get help with! thanx for the questions,
Neb
The line 6 POD's are nice Multi-FX but there kinda hard to use. The Boss ME serie is much simpler to use, so that's waht I would recommend, but they don't sound as good as the POD (although I doubt you would even notice).
And welcome to UG btw
Quote by neb0123
hi there tubetime, thanx for your message. i would like to do many more things with my sound as at the moment all i really have is a normal standard starter guitar and a tiny rubbish amp. im quite new to guitar as i only started a year ago and im not really shure how different guitars sound. this is wot im trying to get help with! thanx for the questions,
Neb

I would consider a Line 6 Pod, or a Digitech RP series multi-fx. I'm going to be honest both have sub-standard effects on them, but both are reasonably priced and have a wide variety of effects.

If you had ONE thing you really wanted to do, like say distortion, wah wah, or the like, then I would recommend you get that individual pedal. But it sounds like you want to experiment and find some cool sounds, and learn what you like in an effect. Multi effects pedals are great for this. I first bought an RP50 for $50 and I used that for about 6 months, after that time I knew what kind of effects I liked and didn't like so it saved me money once I started shopping for bigger and better things.

The thing is you just don't know what you may like or may hate. At this stage of the game 100 sub-par effects will be better for you than 10 excellent ones.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
id recommend a pod x3 or xt- definitely good quality tones for the price- they can hang with the best if tweaked right (as far as im concerned) and they will have lots of different effects and tones to experiment with, also, they will help to make a shit amp and shit guitar really good for practice purposes
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
thanks for all your good advice on FX's but ive allready choosen a boss me20 and am thinking about a "GUITAR" for next christmas. does any one know any good guitar brands, i have seen some preety goodd Ibanez guitars..
Man... talk about being unclear in what you're asking about.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
how after a year of playing do you not know how to use a effect pedal? or what one you want next?
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
Quote by neb0123
at the moment all i really have is a normal standard starter guitar and a tiny rubbish amp

This here... is your problem

Forget the new effects pedal... forget the new guitar... get a modelling amp choked full of effects.

Get a Peavey Vypyr 15 or 30.

It'll work wonders for your present tone (or lack thereof).
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
This here... is your problem

Forget the new effects pedal... forget the new guitar... get a modelling amp choked full of effects.

Get a Peavey Vypyr 15 or 30.

It'll work wonders for your present tone (or lack thereof).

Listen to this man

A shiny new Vypyr would be a big step up from the piece of shit you have now and it has all the effects you need, built in. Perfect for someone of your level.

BTW, the Boss ME20 licks nutsack tonally, i would avoid it.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...