sup guys i'm looking for an answer to this question: what is a good distortion pedal for me? i'm looking a the big muff and i'm thinking this might be good for me. my buddy plays a little big muff and i love the tone he gets. and i've also tried the boss metalcore pedal and like the results with that. what are your opinions on these or other pedals? and what would be a good distortion pedal for my bassist? we got a heavy punk band, think discharge, toxic narcotic, aus-rotten type of punk.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
amp?
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
marshall jcm800 through a marshall 1960a cab
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Yeah^
Your amp is key to getting perfect tone.

Nonetheless, if you like the Big Muff then id suggest giving some of these a go.

-Little Big Muff (There is a difference in sound)
-Swollen Pickle
-Zvex Fuzz Factory <--- Awesome
-Boss F5
-Danelectro French Toast

If you like the Metalcore id suggest trying out a couple more high gain pedals, the metal core sounds kinda fake-ish...The Hardwire Metal pedal is actually one of the best out there.

I can go on and on, but really it would be nice to know the bands you listen to, the sound you want, and the price range.
(some gear specs wouldnt hurt either..)

As for your bassist get him an original Big Muff or Rat distortion.

Let me know if you have questions.
^i'm into alot of diverse bands, but in the band i'm in now we play punk like discharge.
Then maybe a Distortion +

Also other pedals to try out

-OCD
-Mega Distortion
-Mxr Distortion lll
-V2SOH
ok cool thanks for the advice