Page 1 of 2
Does anyone else get really pissed off when someone, no matter where, goes about like

"omg i am os fckin drnk like cnt evn type cssss so many beers like 4 beers andlik 5 botzl of VDKA MAN"

I've always found that, no matter how piss drunk I am, I can still text and type at the same standard I do when sober. And I can get myself into some states, it's still not that hard.

I just think people who try and point out the fact they are hammered in their text are trying to do it and just trying to look cool? I mean, wow, you can drink. So does just about everyone else in the world. Big woop!

Small rant over. Where else to post this but the Pit eh?
I agree. It's annoying and unnecessary.

EDIT: It does seem to be just something people do for the sake of doing it. Typing abilities shouldn't be hampered by drunkenness because one can still use backspace etc. It seems to make people "cooler" if they "can't type" because getting smashed is the cool thing to do.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Last edited by Athabasca at Nov 18, 2009,
Whether they're sober or not has nothing to do with it. If you type like that, I'm just gonna completely ignore your post.
It's a pet peeve off mine.
Even more so when their friends seem to be amused by it.
Yeah, I can text fine when drunk...

... if I send it to the right person is a completely different story
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
When I've had a bit to drink and I'm more tipsy I can type fine. When I'm stumbling all over the gaff drunk or when I'm really stoned it's not that my typing is bad...I just get easily distracted or cant get across what I'm trying to say.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
I type like that when I'm drunk. I just can't type correctly, even if I concentrate really hard. But I'm an alchoolic, so all of my friend understand ( or at least seems to understand ) when I type like a drunken bastard.

It doesn't annoy me when someone else does it to me, I find it kind of funny. You know, like laughing of something instead of being pissed-off ? Try it TS, it makes wonder.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
The fact I can do it when I'm hammered just makes me think you're a doucher trying to look more pissed than you really are though.
Well if i write messages I care less about typing mistakes but I can still write like I normal do
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by ChemicalFire
Yeah, I can text fine when drunk...

... if I send it to the right person is a completely different story

I've had so many ****ed up nights because of me drunkenly sending the wrong text to someone. That's the worst.
i dont know man. when im drunk i can type, but i still **** up and type double letters or forget letters and stuff like that. but some people just get obnoxious.

What happens most with me is i misspell a word a few times then get pissed off and use a different word.
“I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD. And drugs are not central to my life.”

-Dr. Timothy Leary
Quote by CrazyDavey
The fact I can do it when I'm hammered just makes me think you're a doucher trying to look more pissed than you really are though.

Or some people just can't do it, didn't you think about it ?

Personaly i could care less if someone drunk-type me a whole conversation, I'll just laugh with them, because statistic prove that laughing is funnier then complaining
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Last edited by bender424 at Nov 18, 2009,
ive never been hammered :/ too young, but ive had high people text me (pot) and it was pretty normal
its funnier to see it in person
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
When I'm completely plastered i can never be bothered with backspace, It takes enough concentration to link ideas with words when i'm smashed let alone give a shit about spelling.
I hate more when you're at parties and everyone just has to brag about how much they've had to drink. But yeah similar thing so I do find it pretty annoying, basically 'cause I don't think it's cool and if you do you should shut up and not talk to me about it because I don't care.

Eh, I've never tried typing or texting drunk. I can type and text perfectly fine when I'm high though, but like someone else above said I have a hard to trying to say what I want to say clearly.
I probably would if I lost the ability to backspace :/ Which I never have, so I type ok.
yreh i sree wht yu mena mna it totly pisz me of LOLOROROOT
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Quote by SteveHouse
Ever been too drunk to care?

Yeah.

this.

buzzed - type fine

drunk - type fine, though infinitely slower

smashed - i don't care how i spell, take the message as a sign i haven't died from alcohol poisoning.
Agreed. I can also text and type fine when im drunk
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Quote by Led Pepplin
yreh i sree wht yu mena mna it totly pisz me of LOLOROROOT

ddue yuro asoo durnk. oyu shuldn tbe drivnig hmoe nam LOLOKOLKOKKOL!!!1
h'wat
Quote by devilskommander
ddue yuro asoo durnk. oyu shuldn tbe drivnig hmoe nam LOLOKOLKOKKOL!!!1
yhear bt mna yo shuldr trti ist amzing lamoosr
Quote by Stormx
Quote by molala2
Quote by italiarlz135

I've gotten better at typing while drunk, but I still find it difficult. I use predictive texting so text messages are pretty unreadable once I get to a certain level of drunkenness.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Led Pepplin
yhear bt mna yo shuldr trti ist amzing lamoosr

ddue, dued, dudde. yoru nt mackin gayn snse llollolaaa////

ooooppssss i thi teh rong btun
h'wat
When I'm pretty smashed it usually takes me about 20 minutes to write one sentence because I have to keep correcting and editing it.
*parp*
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I've gotten better at typing while drunk, but I still find it difficult. I use predictive texting so text messages are pretty unreadable once I get to a certain level of drunkenness.

me too. But then someone else with predictive text can just type in all the characters and press dictionary until they come up with a coherent word >_>

I am good at typing so I just do more exclamation marks when I'm drunk. Seeing as we're all guitarists here I'd have thought we'd know that your fingers form patterns that are hard to break, you can't suddenly start playing/typing like shit once you've got all the patterns in your muscle memory.
Quote by cornmancer
Off topic, TS, is your name inspired by 'Spirit in the Night'?

No. Just a stupid name my mates used to call me >_>
Quote by devilskommander
ddue, dued, dudde. yoru nt mackin gayn snse llollolaaa////

ooooppssss i thi teh rong btun
yeha wel nivrar re yu loloooouiolojlko im os durkn riht nwo
Quote by Stormx
Quote by molala2
Quote by italiarlz135

I can't type properly when I'm drunk. Or rather, I can, but I need to type slower, and I can never be bothered to do that. It's not as if drunken me ever has anything worth reading to say anyway
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I cant type as well when im pissed. Infact, my coordination is very sloppy and I make loads of typoes. However, I can still tell if I misspell something and go back and change it.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I manage to type correctly when drunk, even in English. Though the structure of my sentences can become very weird.
I have predictive text on, so i usually get most of my words right, but if its not the first word that comes up then youll get that one It makes for some horribly confusing texts
Nah, I think its more that I don't bother correcting typos when I'm drunk because I catch the CBA bug. so ths senteace ensd sup more lokngi like this becauseh backlspace is too much efffort
Page 1 of 2