So i recently got a new laptop. It's an hp. fast as balls, awesome computer, i love it. Only thing is a like to record myself playing covers or record riffs i come up with. But when I use distortion with my guitar and record myself playing, it gives it this weird phaser type sound and idk why. Is it because it's too loud and the built in mic(it has a webcam built in with a microphone i guess)? And is there anyway to make it not do that?
Fast as balls? My balls are hardly fast.

Just buy a microphone.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Quote by Nirvana00125
when I use distortion with my guitar and record myself playing, it gives it this weird phaser type sound and idk why. Is it because it's too loud and the built in mic(it has a webcam built in with a microphone i guess)? And is there anyway to make it not do that?

You could try not using a shitty built-in mic to record decent quality...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

It's because the mic sucks.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
What do you expect when your computer is made of balls?
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Since everyone seems so drawn to saying "the mic sucks dick" let me illiterate: The mic does not suck, in fact I think it is quite good. I had a shittier, older laptop before and it recorded better, it may have been crappy quality, but still worked. And that one,e ven if I recorded accoustic, the mic still ****ed the sound up whereas this new computer sounds amazing for accoustic/clean guitar. It also sounds good over chat, like on stickam, and stuff like that, just not recording for some reason.
Quote by Nirvana00125
Since everyone seems so drawn to saying "the mic sucks dick" let me illiterate: The mic does not suck, in fact I think it is quite good. I had a shittier, older laptop before and it recorded better, it may have been crappy quality, but still worked. And that one,e ven if I recorded accoustic, the mic still ****ed the sound up whereas this new computer sounds amazing for accoustic/clean guitar. It also sounds good over chat, like on stickam, and stuff like that, just not recording for some reason.

wat
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I'm guessing its a Realtek Audio card. Go into the control panel and turn off "Noise Suppression" and "Acoustic Echo Cancellation" in the Microphone settings.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Or, alternatively, you can spend some money and get a decent microphone.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Quote by RG5EX1
I'm guessing its a Realtek Audio card. Go into the control panel and turn off "Noise Suppression" and "Acoustic Echo Cancellation" in the Microphone settings.

That was what fixed it So yay, no more mic problems.

P.S. shut up about getting a freakin new microphone. I don't care, i'm not releasing the music nor do i plan on releasing any soon so shut up.
Quote by Nirvana00125
That was what fixed it So yay, no more mic problems.

You're welcome

P.S. shut up about getting a freakin new microphone. I don't care, i'm not releasing the music nor do i plan on releasing any soon so shut up.

Welcome to the Pit.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
get a new computer

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by Nirvana00125

Dude, what the hell makes you think the built-in mic on a laptop is gonna be able to handle the really tough highs of distortion?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Dude, what the hell makes you think the built-in mic on a laptop is gonna be able to handle the really tough highs of distortion?

Oh my god, just because it is built in, does not make it crappy. What, do you espect me to release the music? Because I'm not. now shut up about it being crappy, i don't care.