Im building a telecaster and it is my first build and I have no idea where to route for the pickups is there like a certain distance from the bridge or something. If you want to look at the guitar check out the checkerboard tele thread.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
well if ur using the tele bridges that have the spot for a titled single, or humbucker, ur set. drill on the bridge, mark up the hole, take off, start routing. if ur putting on a hardtail or trem, once u put that on, put the bridge pickup somewhere between 1/8" and 5/8" away from the tip of the bridge (1" - 1 1/2" from bridge saddles). thats usually where it is on standard guitars, but of course u put it where u damn well like .

edit: http://media.photobucket.com/image/telecaster%20template/scubadoo2/thinline/TelecasterCustommetricthinlinea221.jpg

that might help. just measure the scale length and drill the string routes in the body or place the bridge, and go from there.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Nov 18, 2009,
unless you're using a tele bridge then route however far away you want to. closer to bridge means more treble, farther away means more bass.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
kool thanx.
(\__/)
How do i line up the pickups with the strings? like it's supposed to be lined up with each string right? or do you angle the pickup?
(\__/)
Quote by spartanhero
How do i line up the pickups with the strings? like it's supposed to be lined up with each string right? or do you angle the pickup?

You have eyes for a reason.
Just, make sure the 4 bolts line up with eacother on each side. You can achieve this with a ruler.
..I was watching my death.