as some may know, i bought a gibson SG 2 weeks ago
it was used, and it had new tuning keys, which were grovers, so i'm guessing they're not the problem...
when i play on the higher frets, the notes don't seem to sound tuned, even when they are, what i mean is that i can play an open C ( 032010 ) and it'll sound beautiful, but when i'll get on the higher frets, an octave (such as, low to high: 0-0-0-14-0-17 ) sounds really bad and the notes don't blend together

i'm guessing that's what people call intonation? if so, i'll get the guitar set up, i just want to make sure that's what i need.. i have never had this problem before and i have 5 other electric guitars

thanks everyone !
yeh definately intonation, most guitars get it to a certain extend
its the intonation. Get a proper set up. See if you can stick around to watch. You learn a lot. Its a nice guitar and should be taken care of. Congrats!
thank you very much for your replies guys :-) i was starting to get worried, since i love it so much and plan to use it at shows, yet i can't play it in this current state...i'll try to bring it to the store tomorrow or by the week's end, hope it'll do her some good =)
If you have a tuner and a screwdriver you can correct the intonation yourself. It's just a question of working out (using the notes at the 12th fret) if each string is going sharp or flat at the high notes - then adjust the bridge saddles forwards or backwards to correct that.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Darkflame
wouldn't that correct the action instead?

No the two bridge posts next to the saddles will adjust the action.