So I have some extra cash laying around and was wondering what are the absolute must have games that have came out recently?

I searched and didn't find anything like this.

So toss me some suggestions pit
Gaming thread.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
You couldn't of searched very hard if you didn't find THE GAMING THREAD
*reported*
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
Pretty sure theres a gaming thread...

EDIT: Yup now I'm certain
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
this is the game of 2009

but yes go to said gaming thread

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Don't worry, that thread sucks anyway.
Buy Modern Warfare 2.
NRANNHLEILR
OETYSI LRNYS
TATOENYSGM
HLENEGMNRA
IL RENRAOET
NYSCOETTAT
GMAATATHLE

To me. Try, you know you want to^

Puberty
Quote by Will Swanson
I was surprised the first time I came. It shot two feet into the air. I couldn't stop laughing.
Before the topic closes, get New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Yeah a gaming thread, but that takes forever for a good amount of people to see and respond to your question, if you all would have just named a game instead of reporting me then I wouldn't need to post in either XD
Quote by Uranutan
How recently are we talking?

This year, or last year as well if the game is really a must have.
all these assholes are stoked on reporing, the new COD is sick
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución

Game of the Year, hands down.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Carlos Again
everyone has modern warfare 2.. but i would say get dragon age origins

That was going to be my suggestion
I'm up for almost any genre if the game is decent, although my favs are RPGs and Shooters.

Dragon Age Origins looked pretty epic but I didn't hear any word about it from anyone I know.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I'm up for almost any genre if the game is decent, although my favs are RPGs and Shooters.

Dragon Age Origins looked pretty epic but I didn't hear any word about it from anyone I know.

borderlands is basically a shooter mixed with diablo.
Quote by Carlos Again
borderlands is basically a shooter mixed with diablo.

That's what my buddies have told me, but I was a little iffy on it due to the graphics style.
Quote by deathcore101
I am a firm believer that hit the bitch is a game that everyone should own.

ahahaha im playin now
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
Depends what you like, and what platform its on, here is my list (i will put a * next to games i have played and reccomend)

Shooting/FPS: Call Of Duty: MW2*, Operation Flashpoint 2
RPG/adventure: Borderlands, Uncharted 2, Dragon age, Assasins Creed 2, Fallout 3* (going back a bit but it still has life in it)
Fighting: Tekken (not sure what number the new one is)
Driving: Forza Motorsport, Need For Speed
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
Depends what you like, and what platform its on, here is my list (i will put a * next to games i have played and reccomend)

Shooting/FPS: Call Of Duty: MW2*, Operation Flashpoint 2
RPG/adventure: Borderlands, Uncharted 2, Dragon age, Assasins Creed 2, Fallout 3* (going back a bit but it still has life in it)
Fighting: Tekken (not sure what number the new one is)
Driving: Forza Motorsport, Need For Speed

Is it just me or do the comercials for AC2 not do it justice? The bits they put on there look choppy as hell compared to the first one.

I've heard stellar things about MW2, but that could be a lot of fanboyism going on there.

Borderlands im really on the fence about, im questioning the replay value. Dragon Age still has my attention though.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Is it just me or do the comercials for AC2 not do it justice? The bits they put on there look choppy as hell compared to the first one.

I've heard stellar things about MW2, but that could be a lot of fanboyism going on there.

Borderlands im really on the fence about, im questioning the replay value. Dragon Age still has my attention though.

Between shooters Modern Warfare 2 will give you more replay value, multiplayer is always awesome and spec ops with a friend is a challenge/blast to play. But Borderlands is really good, the only complaint I've heard is that it is rather hard. Also you won't get the same replay value as MW2, but then again not many games do.

For fighting games, I would go with Blazblue. If you're a fan of the Guilty Gear series then this is a great game to have. Really balanced characters and an in-depth story mode as well. By far one of the best fighting games out there.

Racing games are best left to Burnout Paradise, loads and loads of replay value, especially if you get it online, and you get to wreck the hell out of people. (Plus you can get this one cheap now since it's been out for a while)

I'll just throw some others out there. Brutal Legend = Epic (If you're a fan of metal, it's a must have), Assassin's Creed 2 just came out, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Batman: Arkham Asylum is incredible and its the only good batman game out there. Uncharted 2 is badass......

That's all I can think of right off the top of my head, but there are a ton of great games coming out next year.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Guitarfreak777

i have put about 60 hours into borderlands.
Quote by Metal-X
Between shooters Modern Warfare 2 will give you more replay value, multiplayer is always awesome and spec ops with a friend is a challenge/blast to play. But Borderlands is really good, the only complaint I've heard is that it is rather hard. Also you won't get the same replay value as MW2, but then again not many games do.

Fuck you.
/angry PC gamer
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by mattman93
Fuck you.
/angry PC gamer

Whats wrong with the multiplayer on MW2 on the PC?

Also is Brutal Legend for PC? I completely forgot about that game.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Whats wrong with the multiplayer on MW2 on the PC?

Also is Brutal Legend for PC? I completely forgot about that game.

You can't have a dedicated server for online matches with MW2. Pretty much you can't change the rules up for each match.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Frank Fury
Halo 3 ODST is pretty good, IMO.

$70 for a Halo 3 expansion was a bit much I thought.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.