This isn't anything I wasn't already aware about, but what are the rules (if any) for tabs showing up on other sites? I've never posted my tabs anywhere but here, but they've shown up on other sites. Or, once on the internet it's free game?
Yeah, there are no rules on the internet. Ironically it got worse when a lot of tab sites in the states and the UK got closed down by the intellectual property police. It's ok for them to link to Russian sites but not to hold the data themselves.

It would be nice to be credited with the work though.
Bots comb UG every now and again and pick up all the new tabs, like one big copy and paste. Nowadays, I put my user name in with the tab and ive seen MY tabs with MY name on it on other sites, but at least everyone knows that tab was made by me.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Bots comb UG every now and again and pick up all the new tabs, like one big copy and paste. Nowadays, I put my user name in with the tab and ive seen MY tabs with MY name on it on other sites, but at least everyone knows that tab was made by me.
wow, great idea.

If i start doing tabs again, ima do that too.
Maybe include a line that says "ultimate-guitar rules, other tab sites suck.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
My recent tabs do include my name on there now since I discovered them showing up on other sites. Not sure if I'm relieved they're done by bots, maybe I should be.

Can we go back and 'edit' our tabs to put ultimate-guitar on there, maybe under our name? I just don't like that it seems like I've been posting my tabs all over the place on the internet. I'm quite loyal that way.
Should I PM someone specifically? I've never edited a tab and don't know if it has to go through an approval process all over again.