my friend has a spector bass that someone left at his house a while ago, and i was trying to figure out the model. at first i thought it was one of the legend series, but im not so sure anymore. its all black (which first off, most of the spector basses i looked at didnt even come in black on the website), has EMG-HZ pickups, is made in korea, and its serial number is 0034949. if anyone can identify the model of this bass, i will be very greatful
i cant help, but... someone just left their spector at his house? O.O
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
^it's just a spector. not like it's a Warwick or something.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
You havnt seen a ReBop or Euro have you? The legends are mid ranged price but most of the spector line is pretty expensive as far as ive seen.

Got anything you can take pics of it with? Maybe its been painted, ive read about a new line of american spectors that are offered in black but i dont think anyone would let one of those stay over at some guys house.

The Mike Kroeger sig bass is offered in black and its listed with the pro basses which are made in korea me thinks.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Quote by Thegian
The Mike Kroeger sig bass is offered in black and its listed with the pro basses which are made in korea me thinks.

I suspect this is correct
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Quote by Thegian
You havnt seen a ReBop or Euro have you? The legends are mid ranged price but most of the spector line is pretty expensive as far as ive seen.

it was a jab, I know they are very well made.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
it was a jab, I know they are very well made.

I would have known if i had looked at the name instead of the avatar.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Quote by Thegian
I would have known if i had looked at the name instead of the avatar.

never look at the avatar.

Mike Kroeger sounds about right.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

It is a Spector Pro, which is a discontinued model in the Professional series. They were the lowest end Spector you could buy, and sold for about $500, but came with some snazzy finishes such as holoflash, and trans cherry sunburst, trans black, or trans red with flamed maple top. Later on in the series, they offered it in just black, cutting the price down by $100. It is a good bass and has a great slap tone, but you may want to upgrade to real EMGs.

I used to own one in holoflash, I wish I never sold it.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
here are pics, hope this helps. also note that it is neck-thru, not bolt on:

Last edited by nirvana4lf at Nov 18, 2009,
It might be set neck, too. I know some Spectors are.

You can tell be the shape of the neck joint. Any chance of flipping her over?
Quote by LordBishek
Vibrators, Schmibrators. They can't ignore my girth.
Last edited by Brodie337 at Nov 19, 2009,
Ah did not know it was neck through. The pro series is bolt on only.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Spector NS 20004?

MIK, neck-thru, standard fret markers and with neck heel exposed through the maple top.

See here.
it's either an NS or pro if it's not a legend. My Spector Pro Deluxe has EMG SSD pickups so it might not be a Pro
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
Quote by Micehorns
Spector NS 20004?

MIK, neck-thru, standard fret markers and with neck heel exposed through the maple top.

See here.

this looks promising, does it come in black? im lookin on the spector website of discontinued basses, and it doesnt say what colors it came in.
Last edited by nirvana4lf at Nov 19, 2009,
Quote by BamaBlues
it's either an NS or pro if it's not a legend. My Spector Pro Deluxe has EMG SSD pickups so it might not be a Pro

and the pros arent neck through i dont think, and are they even made in korea?
Quote by nirvana4lf
and the pros arent neck through i dont think, and are they even made in korea?

yeah you're right the pro's are bolt on

I didnt look at the picture before my first post, I'm pretty sure that's a NS-2000, they had EMG-HZ's with a neck through, almost positive, that's comming from a spector fanboy

that finish dosent look like plain black, it looks like the slate grey quilted maple top
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
Last edited by BamaBlues at Nov 19, 2009,
From the folks at Spector....

From 86- 90 various Korean made models were produced and distributed by Kramer. There were mostly NS-2A basses that were neck through body construction, with black hardware, dot marker fretboards, and Spector pickups (designed by EMG). All of the serial numbers on these were stamped on the back of the electronics control cover and started with the prefix NS i.e. (NS2368) There were about 6000 of these produced and lesser numbers of two other models, NS-2B (neck thru construction but uncurved body) and NS-2C (bolt-on flat body) Instruments were constructed from 1976 - 1985 at two locations in Brooklyn NY. #444 12th St. and then #230 Third St. In January of 1986 all of the Spector machinery was moved to the Kramer plant in Neptune NJ where construction of instruments continued until Kramer went into bankruptcy in late 1990.

Everything but the serial number seems to jive with the description. And god, who leaves a spector behind anyway? I need those types of friends.
^I prefer ones like that with large amplifiers.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by anarkee
From the folks at Spector....

From 86- 90 various Korean made models were produced and distributed by Kramer. There were mostly NS-2A basses that were neck through body construction, with black hardware, dot marker fretboards, and Spector pickups (designed by EMG). All of the serial numbers on these were stamped on the back of the electronics control cover and started with the prefix NS i.e. (NS2368) There were about 6000 of these produced and lesser numbers of two other models, NS-2B (neck thru construction but uncurved body) and NS-2C (bolt-on flat body) Instruments were constructed from 1976 - 1985 at two locations in Brooklyn NY. #444 12th St. and then #230 Third St. In January of 1986 all of the Spector machinery was moved to the Kramer plant in Neptune NJ where construction of instruments continued until Kramer went into bankruptcy in late 1990.

Everything but the serial number seems to jive with the description. And god, who leaves a spector behind anyway? I need those types of friends.

interesting, good point point on the serial number. guess its not it then. damn this is hard! any other suggestions?
Quote by nirvana4lf
interesting, good point point on the serial number. guess its not it then. damn this is hard! any other suggestions?

I'm almost positive it is a NS-2000, see my last post. also you can send Spector an email with the Serial number and they can send you some info on it

custserv@spectorbass.com - they should be able to confirm what it is
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
Quote by BamaBlues
I'm almost positive it is a NS-2000, see my last post. also you can send Spector an email with the Serial number and they can send you some info on it

custserv@spectorbass.com - they should be able to confirm what it is

Good advice, turns out it is indeed a NS-20000/4. Here is my convo via email with the Spector customer service:

hello -

thanks for the email and pics. I am glad you are enjoying your
Spector bass!

it was made in 2000, in Korea as you know. it is an NS-2000/4
neck-thru model.

FYI we show our older models here:
http://spectorbass.com/NewFilesNew/modelhistory_new.html

I hope this info helps. have a great weekend,

PJ Rubal
National Sales Manager / Artist Relations
Stuart Spector Design Ltd
800.825.8810 National Sales Office
703.279.8075 Direct
845.246.0833 Fax

I was talking to people on a bass/guitar forum that said that all the
NS models have serial numbers that start with NS, and this does not.
That is the only reason I wasn't convinced it was an NS, but is this
not true?

Thanks,

Sam H

hello -

that info is not accurate.

our first import model, NS-2A (1986-1990)
had a serial number on the back control
cover (!) and it started with NS then the
four numbers.

that has been the only model where NS started
the serial number.

with model numbers that start/started with NS,
and NS-2A SERIAL numbers starting with NS...TOO CONFUSING!!

current Czech basses have a serial number that starts with NB,
just FYI.

PJ

Thanks for all the help everyone!
^cool beans. But they need to update their own serial number info on their website then!