Poll: Should she be tried as adult?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should she be tried as adult?
Yes.
238 76%
No.
74 24%
Voters: 312.
Page 1 of 4
So, my girlfriend was telling me about this over the phone. A 15 year old girl brutally murdered her 9 year old neighbor. Thoughts? Should she be tried as an adult?
When asked why she told Police, "I wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone."

Personally, I think they should throw her ass away for a very long time.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34016501/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Last edited by Hellish_Wolf at Nov 18, 2009,
Yes. And WHAT THE **** is up with all the murder stories in the Pit recently?
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
She doesn't need to have her ass thrown away for a very long time. She needs mental help.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by iantheman
She doesn't need to have her ass thrown away for a very long time. She needs mental help.
+1.

stratkat
Quote by iantheman

Good point, I was a little pissed off when I said that. She does need serious mental help.

Quote by King Twili

15 year olds get into so many weird predicaments these days.

I'm going to go on the record and say that if you are 15, and have experienced death around you, you're too young for proper punishment, etc...
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by iantheman

+1
LtBrenton

Quote by Douglas Adams
The art of flying lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Quote by soulflyV

If I didn't have a mudkip in there, I'd sig that.

http://ltbrenton.wordpress.com My blog. Check it out.

☠ ☠ ☠
Quote by iantheman

i think she needs both.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
I don't think she should be tried as an adult, she's only 15. But I definitely do think she needs to be locked up for a very long time.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
She's not an adult, therefore she should not be tried as one. There are laws for a reason.
Quote by TheTortured
i think she needs both.

+1 sums up my feelings.

Quote by King Twili

I didn't properly read the title I came here thinking you were a 20 year old dude asking if it was ok to **** a 15 year old girl. I r dissapoint
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Ugh. God. This kid is a f*cking c*nt.
Because destroying a family and taking one of their closest loved ones is the best idea, just because you want to know what it feels like to kill someone.
I think she has a mental issue, look at her parents.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Yeah! Throw her ass in jail. That'll teach her not to have psychological problems!
PM me for newts
ps I don't know if this matters in the murder trial, but she has acne/mole on her chin.
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by iantheman

/thread.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
It does. For not killing the acne, her sentence is cut shorter.

You pretty much stole my name
I'm usually torn when someone poses the question of whether lor not an underage criminal should be tried as an adult, but this case makes me think that young ones who commit terrible and serious crimes should. They may not be developed, but going down that path to such an extent as ending someone else's life, I doubt there's much development that could fix those inclinations in a person. Yes, she needs mental help, but if she is dangerous to herself or others then she needs to be locked away as well.
Quote by speakers
I didn't properly read the title I came here thinking you were a 20 year old dude asking if it was ok to **** a 15 year old girl. I r dissapoint

How the **** can you misinterpret the title that bad?
I'm sick of all these kids getting away with murder and shit. Why does it matter how old you are? You do the crime, you do the god damn time.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Sounds like she has mental problems...
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by iantheman

No. Waste of time and money on this waste of life. Kill her the old fashioned way.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
When asked why she told Police, "I wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone."

She shoulda just read Crime and Punishment.

OT: Yes, she should be tried as an adult. 15 year-olds may be dumb, but they're old enough to know that murder is wrong. (Or at least illegal.)
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Nov 18, 2009,
wow that''s messed up...whatever ends up happening to her, the rest of her life is pretty much ****ed. there''s not much chance of living with the social norm after killing a 9 year old, no matter what age you are.
Too cool for a signature.
I'm just gonna go home and hug my kids.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by speakers

Exactly the same reason why i came here.
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Quote by sixstringsteve
Yes. And WHAT THE **** is up with all the murder stories in the Pit recently?

all part of the plan
Quote by JacobTheMe
Yeah, the movie was complete tat.

Avoid, unless you enjoy ruining things that you enjoy.

You can call me Cam, Cameron, or any other variation
Mortal Enemies with Primus2112
And everybody's singin'la, la la la, la la la
Quote by Pagan-Pie
She's not an adult, therefore she should not be tried as one. There are laws for a reason.

Doesn't the law allow prosecutors to attempt to try someone as an adult under special circumstances? I don't think the prosecution just arbitrarily broke the law.

Killing someone in a brutal fashion shows an adult level sophistication and decision making. She clearly plotted the act out, having dug a grave to hide her in prior to killing her, which in my mind seems to indicate she knew what she was doing. Trying her as a juvenile would seem to indicate that she wasn't old enough to know what was going on, which clearly isn't the case here.

Whether she was mentally sane enough to use good judgement, that is a different story.

IMO she should be tried as an adult and given the same punishment as an adult, however punishment that fits her mental state. It is clear she has issues, unfortunately I don't see a mental hospital as being able to fix those. It is a sad fact of life that some people are mentally beyond the capabilities of modern medicine today. She'll probably be locked up until they find a solution or until the end of her life.

Either way, mentally unstable or not, she's still a danger to society.
Sociopathic children cannot be cured.

Jail, or death.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
No because she's a girl. Believe it or not that's actually the way people think these days. They don't sentence based on the crime. They sentence based on the person who did it.
I wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone.

Jesus Christ, that's terrifying.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
my policy is that if she can not vote or buy ciggarettes she should not be tried as an adult, she needs to be put in some type of mental place cus shes ****ed in the head, but shouldn't be tried as an adult
Page 1 of 4