I'm getting a new cab, and a new guitar more than likely for X-mas, and I have two different choices. First, is a used Ibanez Roadstar ii, 85' ish black on black Hss with a few paint chips, and its plays amazing, really really good. Humbucker was tapped and it just sounded and played great. Had the Ibanez Floyd too.

Second is the GFS Xaviere X-V 550. Theres a blem for 190, which is just a fretboard discoloration problem, which is a great deal, if one of you guys dont snatch it up! New ones are 209. Im looking for a guitar thats plays blues to metal, and has great playability and great tone. I know about the Ibanez fits this, but anyone with experience with the Xaviere?

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
ibanez is like the safe choice. But the xaviere could end up being great for $200. I would personally choose the ibanez because i know beforehand that they are awesome guitars, and i havent either heard a lot about xaviere or had one to play it.

Take in count that they are kinda different betweeneach other. The Ibanez has HSS and the Xav has dual humbuckers. The neck in the ibanez should be thinner than the xaviere's neck and the FR on the ibanez won't let you change tunings, just to name a few.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
ibanez is like the safe choice. But the xaviere could end up being great for $200. I would personally choose the ibanez because i know beforehand that they are awesome guitars, and i havent either heard a lot about xaviere or had one to play it.

Take in count that they are kinda different betweeneach other. The Ibanez has HSS and the Xav has dual humbuckers. The neck in the ibanez should be thinner than the xaviere's neck and the FR on the ibanez won't let you change tunings, just to name a few.

roadstar necks are thick like strat necks. its basically an ibanez strat from the 80's. that being said ts- if you know you like the feel and the sound and its the right price i would go for it, you already know you like it.
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by jordanzio
roadstar necks are thick like strat necks. its basically an ibanez strat from the 80's. that being said ts- if you know you like the feel and the sound and its the right price i would go for it, you already know you like it.

the xaviere is a les paul style guitar. most les pauls have thick necks. even thicker than a strat or a readstar. I said "should" because i'm not really shure, but chances are that the Xaviere neck is thicker than the Ibanez's neck
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Nah Everyone has said the neck was alot thinner than expected. Almost ibanez like.

Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
You might get more responses if you post in the correct forum - EG is there for a reason.

reported for move
Hello EG! What do you guys think? Ibanez? X-V 550 or the X-V 900. I added another choice...

Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew