ive had a guitar for a while w/o a tremolo system. ive played my friends guitars which had tremolo and theyre awesome. i thought i would save up and buy a guitar with a tremolo, but then they told me to just buy a tremolo myself and have it installed. so now, ive seen a couple of variations of the original floyd rose tremolo and i really want to know which is best.
thanks.
the original Floyd Rose, and edge pro systems are the top of the line for them. the rest loose their tuning pretty quickly
yeah the edge tremolo has heaps of different ones, some are more modified then others, most of them are top quality for a licensed copy
if you don't have a tremolo equipped guitar you would need to get the body routed for it which would be way more trouble then it's worth. It would also be expensive
Sometimes, it is more expensive to get the Floyd Rose installed, than buying a new guitar with an Original Floyd Rose.
That was the case with mine.
A hasty decision later, I got in debt $1200, now I think it's just $700.
What's that you ask? How does a 15 Year old get $1200 dollars in debt? Easily.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
Sometimes, it is more expensive to get the Floyd Rose installed, than buying a new guitar with an Original Floyd Rose.
That was the case with mine.
A hasty decision later, I got in debt $1200, now I think it's just $700.
What's that you ask? How does a 15 Year old get $1200 dollars in debt? Easily.

holy f-ck! 1200?! thats insane!
Quote by phoenix_crush

Sounds like a personal problem.
Whats a sig?
yea i heard that id have to pay around $200 for the tremolo and then to get it installed would be extra, since they have to cut holes in and stuff... im just gonna go and see if i can get a price for both things.
Quote by phoenix_crush

It was originally agreed to be $990, but I never had anything on paper about it. I'm going to try and sort this out, when I pay of another $200 this weekend.

It's got an OFR, EMG 81/85.
It's a B.C. Rich ASM Pro, in Satin Grey, if you want to check it out.

On a related note,
I suppose it'd be somewhat worth it to install a Floyd Rose, on a guitar, which is pretty good as-is. If it has some really nice wood, and electronics, and a neck. I'd say go for it.
If it's something like Basswood, I would not do it(This was the case on my Kerry King Signature Wartribe(Warlock))

To not turn this into even more of a spamfest than I already have, don't talk about my guitar, and its 1200 dollar prictag, Alright?
..I was watching my death.