So, I've only been playing for a few months on an old crappy acoustic guitar and since christmas time draws near I'd like to upgrade to a nice electric. My price range is about 1-300$ depending on the features it offers. Originally, I was considering an Epiphone Goth g400, then I was looking at the sg special, then the g310... So I'm kind of on the fence. The kind of music I plan to play is mostly metal/rock, some lighter stuff. I'd definitely like a guitar that wouldn't be too hard to put a killswitch on because I definitely plan on doing that. Besides that, I don't really know what to tell you, if this is in the wrong place please forgive me but I was just hoping some of the more experienced players could give me some advice on which guitar to buy

I'd also appreciate any suggestions for amps/distortion pedals if you'd like :P
save for something better a $300 price range will get you ok gear but saving will be worth it in the long run
Quote by JacksonplayerXD
save for something better a $300 price range will get you ok gear but saving will be worth it in the long run

idk 300 will acually get u a long way at rondomusic.com
Saving for a better guitar will be better in the long run, but I can understand if you desperately want a new one now .

My first guitar was an SG Special, and it was very good for the price. It is lightweight and plays nicely. It isn't superb sounding, but it was a solid guitar for the price.
Yeah, taking all this into account I'll probably go with the g310 considering there isnt much of a price difference between that and the special, maybe go for the goth. thanks for all your help guys