I wanna start an online metal band (Thrash/Death mixed with some Neoclassical Shredding). Now, I need a vocalist, a drummer, a bassist, and a rhythm guitarist (I wanna handle leads, unless you're better then me, then we'll see). I want our band to play both original pieces and covers.
My playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4qbCd0m9ow
Just thought Id get that out of the way, Im for real. I want to start a good online band. (I got 5th in shred the web 2 by the way, but was to young to get anything).
My only requirements to getting in the band is some skill, and some type of recording setup. Hit me up if you might be interested. Thanks.
just thought id say one quick thing... doing the leads isnt always about whos better... I do rythym and I am just better at playing it then lead... its not always easy stuff either... anyway... what do I know
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Quote by Heylo12
just thought id say one quick thing... doing the leads isnt always about whos better... I do rythym and I am just better at playing it then lead... its not always easy stuff either... anyway... what do I know

Wanna join, did you listen to my playing? It'll explain everything.
i can do screaming vocals (mids and highs), i have some random examples on www.myspace.com/countoignon
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
I can play rhythm guitar. My influences are mainly Gojira and Megadeth but I listen to a lot of stuff... I am gunna post a video of a cover I did of Gojira's Where Dragons Dwell as well as an original I did... Don't know when but I hope to have it up next week.
Quote by ander106
I can play rhythm guitar. My influences are mainly Gojira and Megadeth but I listen to a lot of stuff... I am gunna post a video of a cover I did of Gojira's Where Dragons Dwell as well as an original I did... Don't know when but I hope to have it up next week.

Cool, cant wait to hear it.
Sounds good, I play mainly rhythm guitar, varied style, i listen to alot of metal but i can't really say who's style i'm in. I can also do bass in a fast melodic style. I write alot of bass melodies to go under the lead creating a polyphonic style which sound excellant with rhythm. Btw hows it going to go?

Samples should be up soon.
Last edited by warlordzephyr at Nov 20, 2009,
Would you possibly be willing to do some duo-guitar solo stuff (like harmony and whatnot)? I think I'd probably get bored with rhythm (unless of course, we come up with some AWESOME rhythm stuff). >_>;

I'm not nearly as good as you are at lead, though. But I can handle alot of stuff (workin' on my sweeps, but that's really my only weakness).

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Check out my Satch Boogie cover, or the Okusenman video I did. That'll give you an example of what I can do.

If you're interested, lemme know.

~DS
Quote by DarknessSavior
Would you possibly be willing to do some duo-guitar solo stuff (like harmony and whatnot)? I think I'd probably get bored with rhythm (unless of course, we come up with some AWESOME rhythm stuff). >_>;

I'm not nearly as good as you are at lead, though. But I can handle alot of stuff (workin' on my sweeps, but that's really my only weakness).

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Check out my Satch Boogie cover, or the Okusenman video I did. That'll give you an example of what I can do.

If you're interested, lemme know.

~DS

Yeah, definetly. That might be cool, like a cacophony type thing.
Quote by warlordzephyr
Sounds good, I play mainly rhythm guitar, varied style, i listen to alot of metal but i can't really say who's style i'm in. I can also do bass in a fast melodic style. I write alot of bass melodies to go under the lead creating a polyphonic style which sound excellant with rhythm. Btw hows it going to go?

Samples should be up soon.

Im now leaning towards a cacophony type band, maybe with some vocals. If you can do good bass melodies and good rhythm, we could certainly use it.
Quote by SoDisCooL2
Yeah, definetly. That might be cool, like a cacophony type thing.

Sure. If you want to get ahold of me, I've got email (DarknessSavior@gmail.com) and AIM (RazielDarkheart). I'd love to do something. ^^:

~DS
I'd be up for recording bass if it's not too technical for me to play.
I can't do all the insane sweep picking, four finger tapping stuff..
Quote by DeadxFreedom
I'd be up for recording bass if it's not too technical for me to play.
I can't do all the insane sweep picking, four finger tapping stuff..

OK, cool.
Quote by muckypup
^^^ Thanks dude. So, have you been able get any song ideas down yet?

Ive written a few. Whats ur email? Ill send you the guitar pro tab.
Quote by warlordzephyr
Done anything with that bassriff i sent you?

Not yet, haven't had much time. Hopefully by the end of the week.
Still interested in people to collaborate? I play guitar, drums bass etc...Written a fair amount of songs...Mostly bluesy/metal. I work with ableton and pro tools mostly.
Quote by nynejoe
Still interested in people to collaborate? I play guitar, drums bass etc...Written a fair amount of songs...Mostly bluesy/metal. I work with ableton and pro tools mostly.

Sure, whats your email? Ill send you a song Ive been working on. Sounds like you have the same taste in music as me. My email is jakepopowskiskater@yahoo.com