Page 1 of 2
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Wasn't it supposed to be 21 before?
I guess it's to show people they didn't give up 100% on making any changes, even though it is making barely any difference.

Yeah dude if you read through the article it say their ultimate goal is to raise it to 21.
lol thats going to do a lot
Seriously, 12 and 13 year olds are already drinking here and they're not doing anything about it.
Last edited by amaranth_todd at Nov 18, 2009,
What it means is that people who are only 18 wont be able to buy drinks for underage people anymore. Seeing as that is how a lot of young people get booze (older siblings/friends etc) it would probably reduce the problem slightly...although kids in America still seem to get a hold of alcohol easily enough so I dunno.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

The idea is that no seniors in high school who are 18 can provide alcohol to younger parties in the high school. By removing that connection people will go find 19 year olds to purchase it but I think it would cut down on drinking as much in high school. I personally think too much is not good for your developing brain and shit
This is completely pointless, only problem I have with it is it'll mean gigs will become 19+ instead of 18+.

All the teenagers I know who drink get alcohol from their parents or people who are over 19 anyway.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
OMG 1 year is a big difference!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by amaranth_todd
lol thats going to do a lot
Seriously, 12 and 13 year olds are already drinking here and they're not doing anything about it.

That's true. My initial thoughts on the morning report were, "what good will it do?". Teens will drink if they want to; binge drinking and subsequent bad/dangerous behaviour is caused by attitudes toward drinking, not laws.
Quote by ShallowEndings
It sure is.

*..not sure if serious..*
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
The drinking age here is 19, and it's a huge pissoff, especially since other parts of the country have it at 18.

Where it should be.

Oh suck it up. Americans have to wait till 21

Besides that, if I lived in a land with Kangaroos id NEVER want or have to drink. Kanga-fuckin-roos. Better than alcohol.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
At Yellofrizbee:

Being an Aussie, I would have to say that Kangaroos are not that fascinating, we put them in dog food over here. And they smell

On topic,
Raising the age doesnt mean that people under that age will stop drinking, it's just a publicity stunt by the government to make it look like theyre doing something about the underage drinking problem
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by KTFM
If this bill gets passed and we STILL don't have our fucking broadband network, I'll be pissed as hell!!

LOL hey the government worry about the bigger things in life.
Quote by led hot zep pep
they should just get rid of that failure of an alcopop tax

I cant believe they actually done that what an epic fail.
This is so stupid man, it will make virtually no difference, because most teenagers these days rely on drugs rather than alcohol.

Lets take a look at what it cost to get drunk in my town.

$12.50 For 1 Jack Daniels bottle at a pub.
$75 dollars for a carton of Canadian club, before going to the pub, which i usually go halves in with a friend.
$35 for a carton, $20 for a taxi ride into town, roughly $150 dollars spent on drinks at the pub.
Another $20 taxi ride home.

Grand total of $237.50 for a night out.

On the other hand, $50 for an Ecstacy tablet, and I'm good for the whole night.

Yeah alcohol tax makes a lot of sense. Politicians are ****ing retarded if they think making it harder/more expensive to get alcohol, It's going to help. My sister is 15 years old and she can get any drug that she wants whenever she wants, with the exception of cocaine. Do they really think people give a shit if it's illegal?

/RAGERANT
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
it was great turning 18 and looking forward to drinking.. now I get to maybe do it all over again

I hope they bring it in before march

lame
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea, you show her common sense. You show her your common sense hard. You shove your common sense down her throat. She's a naughty little thing and you need to beat some common sense all over her face.

^In regards to incest
I really dont like our government....

i wish they would put less money into censoring the Internet and ****ing with peoples alcohol and more money into a good police force in certain areas of the country so i can walk out of my house without getting all my shit taken off me by stupid ******s with knives....
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
I seriously hope they do. I'm 19 and my mates have all had their 18ths, so it would be good to go for another couple months of "celebrate the legal drinking age by getting shitfaced" parties.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by metalmanjosip
I really dont like our government....

i wish they would put less money into censoring the Internet and ****ing with peoples alcohol and more money into a good police force in certain areas of the country so i can walk out of my house without getting all my shit taken off me by stupid ******s with knives....

What the... Where the hell do you live!?!?!?
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Quote by AstheticsOfHate
What the... Where the hell do you live!?!?!?

Doonside, Blacktown, NSW.
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

that is all.

I use Linux
The whole point of this law is to deter school leavers from binge drinking at schoolies. Also to stop older people buying alcohol for underage people.

This isn't go to work well at all. You can't really fix this by increasing the legal age limit, people will most likely drink more than ever before. They just need to continue to advise young people about the risks and consequences of alcohol.

Other than that I couldn't careless.
Meh, I'll be 19 anyway if this ever gets changed. Suckaaaaasss.

You can't stop teenagers drinking, just look at the USA.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick
Meh, I'll be 19 anyway if this ever gets changed. Suckaaaaasss.

You can't stop teenagers drinking, just look at the USA.

Of course it's not trying to get the teenagers to stop. it's trying to get them to drink in moderation.

Over here they want to make the clubs close at 5:00, and stop selling alcohol at 4:00.

Stupid politicians, thinking that the youth drinking problems come from long party nights.
The only thing that this law is going to accomplish, is making the youth start drinking earlier.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Nov 19, 2009,
Quote by halvies
This

If people learned to drink responsibly and not get absolutely shitfaced, then there wouldn't be an issue

People already know how. But they don't want to.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
What are the penalties for drinking alcohol under the legal age anyway?

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by qwerty_555
What are the penalties for drinking alcohol under the legal age anyway?

A kick up the ass with a massive boot.

haven't you seen our flag?

that is all.

I use Linux
Page 1 of 2