Page 1 of 2
Today In science class we were given the homework of asking ten family and friends to answer a question...

Would you rather have a 3 karat natural diamond or a 5 karat Synthetic diamond.

Now this may seem like an easy question at the surface but if you really think about it then it gets a little deeper.

3 Karat Natural: Sure, it comes with the knowledge that it came from the bowels of the Earth and was once magma but cooled to become something beautiful. It can signify eternal love and the heat of passion. But it comes with a price, and not just money. What if it was used to buy landmines and weapons for a war in Africa? This is an extremely common situation. Then there is of course Blood Diamonds, when the mine workers cut their bodies open and stuff the diamonds into their arms and flesh just so they can feed their family. The mines are like prisons, and the conditions are horrible.

5 Karat Synthetic: Pre-ordered, manufactured, and doesn't coome with the knowledge that it was once nothing but carbon or that it was born from deep within the Earth. But its also not tainted with blood.
A Celebration For The Death Of Man...

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

Blood diamond any day. that way i could keep my woman happy without breakin the bank.
“I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD. And drugs are not central to my life.”

-Dr. Timothy Leary
I need some good answers to print them out and bring it in. Haha I don't need your silly survey sheet, Mr. B-Rown.

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

Quote by eL SeaweeD
Blood diamond any day. that way i could keep my woman happy without breakin the bank.

Blood Diamonds are the expensive ones...

Quote by Madison Perella

If my girl would rather have the more expensive diamond that was found through slave labor and death than an alternative she wouldn't be my girl for long
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by gridlockSG400
Blood Diamonds are the expensive ones...

i thought they were the illegal ones that are cheaper cuz theres so much more... oh well even if they are more expensive... **** it its a blood diamond... the name sounds cooler.
“I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD. And drugs are not central to my life.”

-Dr. Timothy Leary
uhh, cheaper one, unless the natural one I knew wasn't gotten that way
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by captaincrunk
Many companies sell diamonds that are not from africa...

Most of the time the history is near impossible to trace, though.

Quote by Madison Perella

^^ time machine?
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Damn Ive only got 6 answers so far. I need 10

Quote by Madison Perella

Quote by diminishedtobme
Lupi Feasco(sp) has a song about it.

lupe fiasco

the movie is intense, btw
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Ok. I only need 3 more.

Quote by Madison Perella

Canadian diamonds.

Edit: DAMN YOU! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ok, I'll help.

Given the case that I was dumb enough to buy any kind of diamonds, I would assure that they come from a well controlled source such as Canada or Australia, because I wouln't want to contribute to the violation of Human Rights in African diamond mines.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Last edited by Fat-bastard0603 at Nov 18, 2009,
2 answers left. Someone say a serious one.

Quote by Madison Perella

If I had to choose, I would take whichever one was heavier and throw it at someone I really didn't like, seriously diamonds and diamond currency are the stupidest fucking invention the human race has managed to contrive. If a girl asked me to get her a diamond I would dump her that second, if not punch her in the ovaries outright.

EDIT: And to above, I am dead serious, although I understand if you don't use my reply
Last edited by st.stephen at Nov 18, 2009,
What? You mean a small real diamond or a big fake diamond?

A small real diamond. I dont wear jewelry. Id sell the sucker and make me some cash. Answered. Easy. Done.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Natural diamond for me. I have no soul so I don't really worry about how it was mined. I just know she likes it.
As long as no one else knows (that is, the person I'm giving it to) I'd choose synthetic.

I'm sure my girlfriend would appreciate my reasoning though. I don't want people dying for something as useless as a diamond.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by EnyoAdonai
As long as no one else knows (that is, the person I'm giving it to) I'd choose synthetic.

I'm sure my girlfriend would appreciate my reasoning though. I don't want people dying for something as useless as a diamond.

yOU my friend are lucky answerer number 10, you win an internet.

Quote by Madison Perella

Quote by gridlockSG400
yOU my friend are lucky answerer number 10, you win an internet.

Boo yah!!

*rips open a giant parcel to reveal brand new internetz*
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Neither. If I got it for free, the logical side of me would choose a natural diamond, worth more = mo money = mo honey, but I'd probably feel a bit guilty about it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I dunno, it's all a matter of money when you come down to it. Synthetic are cheaper, but some women will be pissed even at the proposition of wearing a synthetic diamond.
You realize the main reason they are called blood diamonds is because they are used to fund warfare, not because people hid them inside their body.
Quote by daytripper75
You realize the main reason they are called blood diamonds is because they are used to fund warfare, not because people hid them inside their body.

Those are "conflict diamonds." It's different.

Quote by Madison Perella

I'd personally buy the real diamond.

Actually, i have.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by gridlockSG400
Those are "conflict diamonds." It's different.

No, the names are used interchangeably.

Other names used are converted diamond, hot diamond or a war diamond. They're all the same thing.

Blood diamonds, often called conflict diamonds, are mined in war torn African countries by rebels to fund their conflict. The rebels grossly abuse human rights, often murdering and enslaving the local populations to mine the diamonds.

http://stopblooddiamonds.org/
Blood diamond. The name is so bad arse. No one would **** with you.
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Page 1 of 2