The War on U.S. Soil thread got me to thinking, that that scenario will never happen, why? because the future off warfare will be much smaller scale and carried out through private military companies IMO. Any thoughts on what type of tactics will take place and how it will actually effect a country? I envision a future where the Wal-mart corp. fights mircosoft for dominance and that type of thing.
Last edited by Captain Capo at Nov 18, 2009,
Quote by Carrionshine
your invision is lame. wal-mart sucks. period.

^^ass to the hole^^
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
I think the future of war will be much larger actually. There would be less actual fighting and more weapons of mass destruction. During times of war, everyone would be in constant fear of a nuclear bomb killing everyone in their city. I think it's pretty scary, and like many theories say, it could lead to a nuclear holocaust.
I always figured it wouldn't happen becuase U.S. citizens have guns, so that not only would an invading force have to fight the U.S. Military but also small unorganized groups of militia. I understand that these militia groups wouldn't be that hard for trained personel to take out but its still something.

My $0.02
This space has been intentionally left blank.
A total nuclear war that engulfs the entire world in a nuclear holocaust. In the 20 minutes that it occured, more energy was exchanged than in any other war in history. I shall call it Pepper.
A Celebration For The Death Of Man...

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

Quote by lzcougarz3
Son, have you been smoking the reefer?

What kind of mom would want their son to be an under-a-****ing-chiever?

Edit: Bitch, you ain't my teacher! What the **** you keep on ****ing with me for?
A Celebration For The Death Of Man...

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

Last edited by gridlockSG400 at Nov 18, 2009,
Well I'm just thinking this way because of all the american PMC's that are popping up I guess dunno, while I know nuclear war will continue to be a threat I just don't see it happening on large scale, maybe I'm wrong
I'm not following... Are you saying you're envisioning Wal-Mart fighting a small scale war against Microsoft?
I would like to think that war has no future.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I thought:

EDIT: Beaten...
F
U
C E N S O R S H I P
K
Last edited by Frank Fury at Nov 18, 2009,
your very close, it will be a full scale war, but between dis-nee and walmart for supreme power over all of mankind.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I'm not following... Are you saying you're envisioning Wal-Mart fighting a small scale war against Microsoft?

Ya, the current trend is the privatisation of military personel which in turn will allow corporations to fight for personal gain, kinda like what the company Executive outcomes did in africa during the 90's but more frequently
Quote by AreaMan
...I'd better start hatching me some zerglings...

It's all starting to make sense now!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Don't believe me? I am currently considering joining the french foreign legion to gain the experience to become a merc wich is totaly becoming a viable career choice and quite lucrative read soldier of fortune.
Quote by Captain Capo
Don't believe me? I am currently considering joining the french foreign legion to gain the experience to become a merc wich is totaly becoming a viable career choice and quite lucrative read soldier of fortune.

Good luck with that. And keep reading SoF.
Mercenaries are usually shot in the knees and pecker and left for the vultures.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Captain Capo
The War on U.S. Soil thread got me to thinking, that that scenario will never happen, why? because the future off warfare will be much smaller scale and carried out through private military companies IMO. Any thoughts on what type of tactics will take place and how it will actually effect a country? I envision a future where the Wal-mart corp. fights mircosoft for dominance and that type of thing.

Oh yeah? In your opinion?

I believe Hideo Kojima begs to differ.
I see a near apocalypse scenario taking place on 2012. It will wipe out all technology. Humans will go back to being cave people for thousands of years then slowly re-evolve into the cruel beasts we are today. There are three different prophecies out there talking about the world restarting in 2012, doesnt that mean one big war then back to the swords for us?
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
Who says the human race would recover from nuclear apocolypse? If it does happen I think we will be completely obliterated
We will always have a very limited number of survivors. I watch alot of post apocalyptic stuff on history channel and statistically around .001% of the world would live even if you had a magic way of carpet bombing every square mile of the world. If just 10 people of that 7,000,000 had a way to survive such as going to the Norwegian Storage Bunker humans would survive. The bunker has enough supplies to last a thousand people around 100 years, and has plant seeds from every documented plant humans commonly use.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
Quote by Jackal58
Good luck with that. And keep reading SoF.
Mercenaries are usually shot in the knees and pecker and left for the vultures.

Ya after I made a million dollars and raped your family
Have to admit, I would rather live in a cardboard box outside a crack house in inner city oakland than be rich and pecker less.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
Quote by mrmystic
Have to admit, I would rather live in a cardboard box outside a crack house in inner city oakland than be rich and pecker less.

No worries I would buy john holmes's bionic **** and then be rich and still have a giant wang
Something gives me the idea buying a prosthetic means you loose feeling.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
Quote by ACG
war will be fought on a microscopic scale in the future, exactly like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-_qlaywKBs

glad someone can pull their head out long enough to see what the reality of war will become, or actually revert too like the day's of the Varangian Guard or the Free Corps in Europe back in the day.