Just wondering something about having 2 amps in stereo, since I know nothing about this.

The normal way to do this is to get an ab/y box and run both a and b at once, right? Are there any other ways?

Also, is there any way to run stereo if you just have two cabs and one head, without using two separate heads?

Thanks in advance.

a head and two cabinets? thats called a full stack
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Yes. I know what it's called.

I'm just wondering if I can run the two cabinets in stereo without two heads.

Or, if you want me to call them two halfstacks, then run two cabinets in stereo without making two halfstacks.

Why would you need stereo though? Are you going to be using stereo effects or something like that?
No, the idea with stereo is having two separate sources of sound playing at the same time, so therefor you need two amps, but can buy a stereo amp (usually rack units) but i really have no idea how those work, and i dont think it would sound that great.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

I think certain amp heads are made with stereo channels, and if they're not then it's not gonna happen. If you have two heads, you can use an A/B/Y box or any other stereo pedal to achieve the effect. Basically any stereo effect will have stereo outputs.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite