im suppose to be selling my spider valve 2x12 tomorrow to a FRIEND.

Recently its been randomly letting out this extremely loud roar seriously like a demon + screaming, its horrible. it doesnt matter how low the amp is turned down it still scream ridiculously loud and scares the feces out of me.

its still under warranty and im taking it to the oh so great guitar center tomorrow....
but what do you guys think it is ?!
Quote by Impress93
im suppose to be selling my spider valve 2x12 tomorrow to a FRIEND.

Recently its been randomly letting out this extremely loud roar seriously like a demon + screaming, its horrible. it doesnt matter how low the amp is turned down it still scream ridiculously loud and scares the feces out of me.

its still under warranty and im taking it to the oh so great guitar center tomorrow....
but what do you guys think it is ?!

microphonic tube i think

happened to me on my fender deluxe

go soo GC if they wont help....WE WILL
this should be covered by warranty ?
ive never heard of a "microphonic tube" haha, so like what is it ? what does it do ? how much is it ?

confused
There is a small man trapped in your mp!!!! Get him out!!!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The little amp gnome inside needs to breathe. Let him out.*

*based on topic title alone

Might be the tube, I would check it out.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Joke stealer....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
the sound is still in my head. its horrible , worst sound ever like someone raping a small horse...
I've actually got a similar problem to you. I was originally running power to it from a powerboard but I switched it to over to straight from the wall and it seems to have stopped for now.
A microphonic tube just means it went bad. Tap on the tubes with an eraser of a pencil with the amp on. If you hear the tapping through the speaker, its a bad tube. All you gotta do is replace it. Make sure you get the right tubes and (if needed) bias the amp as well.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
bingo i can hit the cage that encloses the tubes and i can hear it from the speakers ? does that mean bad tubes ?
Ive never replaced these tubes because i rarely played it, so hopefully thats all it is
Hm. Do the eraser trick too just so you can isolate the problem tube, then check back.

EDIT: As for hitting the enclosures, I don't know. Is it every tube or just one?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
whole family is asleep i dare not turn it back on ha. but the enclosure is around the two tubes and if I hit the cage it pops. also it doesnt do it every time, like i can rattle the tubes and itl chill out for a while but than ... BOOM AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
mine sounded like a microphone and the tone sucked away real fast!

happens after a long usage, BAD MAINTENANCE, or pushing it too much
Hm....well, you may have found the problem. If everyone is asleep, leave it be and wait til you take it to guitar center tomorrow. I'm sure they will be able to diagnose it properly then. Just say "Oh, I may have a microphonic tube, but I want you guys to check it out since it is still under warrenty."
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Sounds like a microphonic power tube to me too... but that sounds bad.

A demon screaming... you sure the devil didn't reach up and possess your amp, just like he reached up and touched Kerry King's Marshall?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Sounds like a microphonic power tube to me too... but that sounds bad.

A demon screaming... you sure the devil didn't reach up and possess your amp, just like he reached up and touched Kerry King's Marshall?

lulz
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
That will be $83.

And you're welcome.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
what amp ha ?

update: GC just sent it back to line 6... wont be getting it soon prob lol. but GC let me borrow any amp I wanted till mine was fized, gahhhh lol. IS this there policy or is it just for normal customers ?

marshall 1959slp