so im really thinking about getting a 1x12 tube combo like a mesa mark , oranger rocker etc ..

i just wanna clear something .. after reading this on another forum .. im very sceptical

quote :

"Combos tend to shake themselves apart, especially high-wattage combos. All of the vibrations get transferred from the speakers and chassis into the guts of the amp. Combos are generally pretty rattly.

A head/cabinet setup decouples the chassis from the electronics and you'll tend to get less long-term damage from prolonged high-power playing. So you'll get fewer rattles and odd noises. And if any of your tubes become slightly microphonic, less of the vibrations from the cabinet get picked up.
"

now im the guy who buy thing that gonna last long . so i would like my combo to follow me for years ... from home practice to rehearsal and small gig .. and if possible via micing ... bigger venue ( if that happen ) .

i dont wanna debate half stack vs combo again ... but that statement made me think about my future amp . just wanted to clarified thing up .

anyone have use a high wattage combo like 60 or 100 watt 1x12 or 2x12 .. does it rattle a lot ???
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
If it is a good quality, reliable amp, you'll be fine. I have never heard of one instance of an amp just falling apart due to sonic dis-assembly.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Skysc
so im really thinking about getting a 1x12 tube combo like a mesa mark , oranger rocker etc ..

i just wanna clear something .. after reading this on another forum .. im very sceptical

quote :

"Combos tend to shake themselves apart, especially high-wattage combos. All of the vibrations get transferred from the speakers and chassis into the guts of the amp. Combos are generally pretty rattly.

A head/cabinet setup decouples the chassis from the electronics and you'll tend to get less long-term damage from prolonged high-power playing. So you'll get fewer rattles and odd noises. And if any of your tubes become slightly microphonic, less of the vibrations from the cabinet get picked up.
"

now im the guy who buy thing that gonna last long . so i would like my combo to follow me for years ... from home practice to rehearsal and small gig .. and if possible via micing ... bigger venue ( if that happen ) .

i dont wanna debate half stack vs combo again ... but that statement made me think about my future amp . just wanted to clarified thing up .

anyone have use a high wattage combo like 60 or 100 watt 1x12 or 2x12 .. does it rattle a lot ???

Bollocks... altho the tubes do tend to have a slightly shorter lifespan.

However... tube combos don't shake up like a bamboo in an earthquake
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
ok

so about the rattling ... the construction quality of the cab has something to do also ???

if you get a 300 $ combo ... chance are the quality of the wood and isolation of the cab wont be as good as a 1200 $ combo like mesa , orange , engl etc.. ???
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Nov 18, 2009,
Don't worry, there are a good number of decent combos out there for $300. Answer these:

Style of music:
Budget:
Willing to go used:
Where are you located:
Current gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I wouldn't sweat it.. yeah, I've had to tighten things on combos I've gotten that were 20 years old, but you'd expect that on anything that old.

And besides, a head/cab setup wouldn't truly "decouple" from vibrations unless you had the head sitting away from the cab as opposed to on top of it, which most people don't do.
I find that heavier combos don't rattle... at all.

The lighter combos are more prone to rattling, but if it's well built, it won't fall apart.

Most of the rattle is "tube rattle," which can be fixed by adding a cage around them. I've really only seen these for Peavey Classic series amps... but I'm sure they're out there for other amps. However, I had a Classic 30... it didn't rattle at all, even with the volume dimed

With an amp like a Mesa or Orange Rocker... you'll be fine.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com