have so it can be show worthy.
What's the minimum amout of watts an amp should have for a venue like, let's say..chain reaction in anahiem. For a place as big as the glasshouse in pomona or the whiskey a go go.
For a backyard gig?
No limits, however if you like to be able to hear more of yourself out of your own amp, of course a larger more powerful amp will help (or raise a smaller amp off the ground and angle it towards you). At a proper venue with good people, any decent amp could be used. Wattage really shouldn't be your first concern when looking for a new amp.
i think 30 tube watts is the perfect compromise on tone, headroom and portability
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Most of those places will have PA systems so it really doesn't matter as amps can be mic'd but for backyard gigs, I recommend no less than 750 watts.

Lmao
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Most of those places will have PA systems so it really doesn't matter as amps can be mic'd but for backyard gigs, I recommend no less than 750 watts.

Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
1.21 gigawatts!!!
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I'd say 30W if you want plenty of clean headroom, and 20W if you're just wanting overdrive.
Quote by stykerwolf
That would be like, 20 billion volts on the anodes

you would have to have a PT the size of Chicago for that lol

that's why you do the flux capacitor mod, duh.