Poll: How does Britain feel about America?
Poll Options
View poll results: How does Britain feel about America?
Colonial cousins
70 25%
Bloody yanks
206 75%
Voters: 276.
Page 1 of 6
Hey guys I've always been curious to know how you really feel about America and I've also been curious about what your history book's say about the American Revolution
Well, you know that the british have send all their criminals to the kolonies (america) en then they lost control of them, so actualy the USA is a society founded and ruled by British Criminals
Quote by Xiepie
Well, you know that the british have send all their criminals to the kolonies (america) en then they lost control of them, so actualy the USA is a society founded and ruled by British Criminals

Are you sure you are not thinking of Austrailia?
Quote by Xiepie

That's an interesting take our history books never go as far as to call our founder's criminal's atleast not that I remember, but it's been a while since I've studied it
I'm going to interpret any future hating of America in this thread a projection of jealousy.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by Captain Capo
Hey guys I've always been curious to know how you really feel about America

seriously?

Also, dude it's like 6:30 in the morning over there. Re-post this tomorrow

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by LordBishek
What are you talking about? You're still technically just part of Shropshire.

Just off the M4 I recall.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by SteveHouse
seriously?

Also, dude it's like 6:30 in the morning over there. Re-post this tomorrow

lol I will but I have a feeling this puppy will run all night and if I don't get many replies from our Allies I'll repost it
No reasonably intelligent/non-group-thinker doesn't really give a toss.

It's the fags, the group-thinkers, the mainstream, etc who say "DIS ERE AMERUCUS IS STEALING EVERYONZ OIL! GODAMN! CREDIT CRUNCH BLABLA!".
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Staying up all night ftw.

all night everynight baby.. But yeah, to awnser.. we think the same you think about us.. more than likely very stereotypical
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"
Quote by Captain Capo
lol I will but I have a feeling this puppy will run all night and if I don't get many replies from our Allies I'll repost it

And actually, don't repost it, just bump it around 3 pm Eastern

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by ChucklesMginty
>.>

<.<

Huh? Are you suggesting that being an Ally is a 2 way street? If not I don't get it lol
Quote by metalaxxeman
all night everynight baby.. But yeah, to awnser.. we think the same you think about us.. more than likely very stereotypical

So you think we are all mcdonald's eating, tree hugging liberals or something?
or maybe you think we are all redneck oil grubbing child killers? I want to know what those sterotypes are not just, that you think about us in a sterotypical way
Quote by Captain Capo
or maybe you think we are all redneck oil grubbing child killers? I want to know what those sterotypes are not just, that you think about us in a sterotypical way

Think of a fat white hunting Baptist Republican male. That's what I always assume at least... of course I'm surrounded by fat white hunting Baptist Republican males, so I may be biased

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Captain Capo

Stereotype is probably fat, apathetic, bible loving conservatives rather than fat, tree hugging liberals.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by SteveHouse
Think of a fat white hunting Baptist Republican male. That's what I always assume at least... of course I'm surrounded by fat white hunting Baptist Republican males, so I may be biased

Now we are getting somewhere! thanks
Quote by Xiepie

Ummmm...

Yeah I'm like 300% sure that's Australia
Quote by Captain Capo

not stereotype in a bad way (well in my case anyways)

just things like accents/lifestyles/image differing on states..

to be fair many country's in the world including America, think all British are buck tooth posh talking crumpet eating tea guzzlers !
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"
Quote by metalaxxeman
not stereotype in a bad way (well in my case anyways)

just things like accents/lifestyles/image differing on states..

to be fair many country's in the world including America, think all British are buck tooth posh talking crumpet eating tea guzzlers !

I see nothing wrong with those things. Except the first one. But girls like mine, because they aren't NEARLY as bad as that kid who hated MW2.

Crumpets, tea, and gentlemen lingo. What more can a man ask for?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I think it's funny how we wanted to detract ourselves from Britain for religious purposes and now in modern day Britain and America, Americans are more religious than the British..
We did the british empire when i was 12, i cant remember how much we covered about america. To be honest i don't know the story apart from we lost.
I would imagine it to be a bit like England, except everything is bigger and louder, but as for the people, well, you get some stupid ones, you get some cool ones, just like anywhere else.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Kyle.E
No reasonably intelligent/non-group-thinker doesn't really give a toss.

It's the fags, the group-thinkers, the mainstream, etc who say "DIS ERE AMERUCUS IS STEALING EVERYONZ OIL! GODAMN! CREDIT CRUNCH BLABLA!".

Yeah, only idiots have opinions!

I dont think anyone thinks about the War of Independence here. To you its a massive part of your history, to Britain at the time it was just a distraction, India was a much more important part of the Empire.

Id say now its a love hate relationship. We love your films, music and products but your foreign policy is bullshit.
The Americans (USA) I've encountered have just reinforced the stereotypes. The ridiculously overweight, LOUD family in the restaurant, going across the pond and seeing the golden arches and hyper capitalism everywhere.

All the paranoia at Obama being a 'secret Muslim who'll destroy us from within'. Race is certainly a problem in the UK, but if a black fella was up for election tabloids could not get away with statements like this.

The way the Republicans squealed when Obama talked about his NHS style healthcare system. Politics in general over there seems so polarised too, people calling Obama a Nazi, the Republicans straight LYING to people to keep the insurance companies in their pockets.

The way some of you complain about fuel prices, not knowing how cheap it is elsewhere. The way our government pandered to yours under Bush.

The massive influence religion has in schools, (also a problem here, although slightly less so).

The way some of you guys keep spewing the 'land of the free' and 'American dream' crap.

Sheer terror of any 'left-wing' ideas.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
By 2013 America will re-embrace the British Empire and New York will be re-named Chiddingfeld-on-sea.

Only joking - I like america and I'm sure that all Americans aren't too bad but there are a few people that give america a bad name.

You know who I mean, fat, loud mouthed and opinionated one's - but we have those too
I have awesome hair
Quote by Cal UK

All the paranoia at Obama being a 'secret Muslim who'll destroy us from within'. Race is certainly a problem in the UK, but if a black fella was up for election tabloids could not get away with statements like this.

Precisely.
After all, no one made a fuss when a Scotsman became Prime Minister.
Americans- our loud, mildly annoying, sometimes crazy but mostly lovable cousins.

(can I get my dad back now?)
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by Cal UK
The Americans (USA) I've encountered have just reinforced the stereotypes. The ridiculously overweight, LOUD family in the restaurant, going across the pond and seeing the golden arches and hyper capitalism everywhere.

The way the Republicans squealed when Obama talked about his NHS style healthcare system. Politics in general over there seems so polarised too, people calling Obama a Nazi, the Republicans straight LYING to people to keep the insurance companies in their pockets.

The way some of you complain about fuel prices, not knowing how cheap it is elsewhere. The way our government pandered to yours under Bush.

The massive influence religion has in schools, (also a problem here, although slightly less so).

The way some of you guys keep spewing the 'land of the free' and 'American dream' crap.

Sheer terror of any 'left-wing' ideas.

love ya too buddy.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
love ya too buddy.

Not saying all of you are like that, but the one's who are are particularly annoying.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Zeppfreak170
By 2013 America will re-embrace the British Empire and New York will be re-named Chiddingfeld-on-sea.

I know it was a joke but why would we do that, it still has the name the British gave it and is named after quite an important city in British history

OT: I don't have a problem with most American citizens what annoys me is the way some want everywhere else in the world to kowtow to them, however that is a minority.
"Oh, if i could kidnap that feeling, the one that melts all fears from your mind."
Quote by Babbs

i thought you meant there was some ancient indian spirit named desi who would come and haunt me during my trip.
the one thing i hate about america is the over the top, even extreme patriotism, going as far to say "we bow to no one" when obama bowed before the japanese emperor and saying they're the best country in the world. the extreme religiousness of most places gets up my nose as well sometimes, you see people shouting at other people saying they're going to hell cuz they don't believe in god or are gay or whatever, get with the times people, religion isn't as big a thing as it used to be. don't get me wrong or anything, i'm not saying everyone is like that, i have american friends and when i went to florida, it was all really nice there, but some of the things you see and hear on documentaries is just blown way out of proportion
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
Its swings and roundabouts...
I met some funny yanks recently through work... there were a few annoying people.
But you get that in every society.

I don't mind the yanks... i would say there allies but not go as far to say there cousins.
If that makes sense.
Mainly because we just seem to work together.
Thats it, were work associates. =D

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad.
Living in America, I've unfortunately seen every stereotype mentioned in just my school.
But Brits, don't feel too bad about thinking all Americans are idiots. A large number of us are.

EDIT: Oh, I realized I didn't see anyone post the important fact we believe every other country is full of pussies.
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
Last edited by guitar999111 at Nov 19, 2009,
Quote by guitar999111
EDIT: Oh, I realized I didn't see anyone post the important fact we believe every other country is full of pussies.

Then again we believe that football is just a heavily-padded version of rugby

Though tbh, all the (male) americans ive met/seen around campus here seem to be hardcore gym going, protien shake guzzling fitness freaks, i mean you get some british guys like that but most of us aren't overly bothered with fitness.
I'm not a fan of the USA. It's mostly stereotypes, I'll say that, but those stereotypes are often re-inforced. The way that everyone in the country is wanting to cling onto their centuries old laws and constitutions, and citing "freedom of speech" as an excuse to express their extremist views is just sickening.

The death penalty is one thing I could never understand. Britain (and most of the civilised world) has abolished it completely, opting for new ways to deal with criminals. Yet the USA has its views on capital punishment branded on its shoulder.

War in the middle east, which was as won about 3-4 years ago as it is today, and yet British soldiers are still being killed, for what is effectively americas goals, not the UKs. There's a big ongoing news campaign in British papers at the moment trying to get Britian to pull out completely and leave it to america, I guess people have had enough.

One thing that realy bugs me about american TV - there's ALWAYS got to be some music playing in the background to tell the viewer which emotion they should be feeling. My mum used to watch some makeover show, and the bloody thing had what was essentially a classical soundtrack throughout it to tell the viewer how to feel. The slow tentative piano riffing around in the background showed fear, the big reveal at the end displayed excitement and happiness...it's like american writers and producers can't rely on their viewer to think for themselves! Other shows that do this, MTV Cribs, THE AMERICAN NEWS, etc.

I don't even have to get into this, but the USAs views on gun control, or lack of it, is such plain stupid.

Oh, and Football. British football (as with the rest of the world) involves kicking a ball with the foot...hence Foot Ball. American "football" involves picking up an egg shaped ball with your hands, hence it should be called HAND EGG. And calling a tournament the "World Series" when it's painlfully obvious to the rest of the world that America is the only country that plays it? What?

American music is dominated by fairly interchangeable rap and hiphop as well, at least on the surface, and especially what we Brits see of it.
Last edited by gallagher2006 at Nov 19, 2009,
Quote by Zeppfreak170

Only joking - I like america and I'm sure that all Americans aren't too bad but there are a few people that give america a bad name.

You know who I mean, fat, loud mouthed and opinionated one's - but we have those too

Completely off topic lol but...

I assume being from Southsea you meant Chiddingfold?

That's near me
Last edited by MarkyMark8609 at Nov 19, 2009,