So I'm buying a new amplifier from overseas, it runs off either 100, 120, 220 or 230V and our mains supply is 240v right? So in this case do I get the amp re-biased and run it at 230v or do I not need to re-bias it at all and still run it at 230? Or do I need to do something more complicated.

Cheers
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
You don't need to rebias... you need a step-down transformer... or you'll blow your power transformer to hell.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
10v isn't really worth concerning yourself over, it should run fine on the 230V setting. That's less than a 5% variation in voltage. Any circuit worth it's salt will handle that sort of tolerance.
Personally, I'd check the biasing anyway. Not particularly because of the mains voltage issue but simply because it's better to be safe than sorry.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Would the best option be to buy a transformer to go from 240v - 110v which I think is the US standard, and seems to be the most common type.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Quote by deadkenedy
Would the best option be to buy a transformer to go from 240v - 110v which I think is the US standard, and seems to be the most common type.

Oh I misread the text.. if it runs off 220v or 230v... you'll be fine...

Even during the day, the electrical supply in houses tends to vary between 225v - 255v... its not really something you need to concern yourself with.

I thought it was a 120v amp that you needed to use where the electricity is 240v.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.