Hi all, quick question here!

I own an early 90's MIJ Squier strat. The current pickguard that is on it has somewhat been "force fitted" if you will (part of the trem spacing has been cut wider by the previous owner to fit the floyd rose bridge in, as you can tell it's a pickguard that was designed for a vintage style trem). I'm also having the guitar re-wired by a tech, and will no longer need the coil toggle switches that are on the pickguard now.

I found out I can get a Warmoth pickguard that will be just what I need funtionality-wise, and more aesthetically pleasing to me (Floyd spacing, HSH pickup slots, and different knob placement). The question is, will it fit a Squier? I've been told they work with all MIA or MIJ Fenders, but that they're not compatible with all Squiers, or MIM Fenders (different screw patterns).

Just trying to be extra careful I guess, and see if anyone here knows for sure, thanks
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
The difference between a Mexican Strat pickguard hole pattern and an American one is one screw hole. On the MIM Strat, it is over the middle pickup. On the USA model, it is a bit forward; between the middle and neck pickups. The other holes line up. If it bothers you, you can always drill a hole to line up with that one screw hole and put a screw in it. The empty hole will be covered by the pickguard. No one will be the wiser.
i went thru something similar not too long ago because my strat is MIM. the differences in screw patterns (11 hole anyway) is 1 screw being in a different spot. its not big deal at all, but if it really bothers u, u can just drill a hole where it doesnt line up. its the screw right by the 5 way switch that may, or may not fit right....thats it.

HOWEVER...i did run into a different problem u might not have noticed. i also had a hum space routed in the bridge, and it didnt line up with the route in the body, so i had to route out some extra space. again, not a big deal, but be prepared...
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Hmm. Well, sounds like I'm just going to have to order it and hope for the best! I figure (and hope) that since it is a Japanese-made Squier, that the chances of everything being compatible are greater. Then again, the pickguard that's on there isn't even fully compatible in the first place, so I suppose what I'm after here is a step in the right direction no matter what
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff