so i'm in the market for a noise gate. Budget is almost unlimited (i can't imagine a $500 noisegate), although i would think i can get a good one for $100.

harmonics are very important to me, i love whammy tricks and dime squels. i would just like to get ride of some of the feedback i get with the gain cranked.

I know alot fo poeple rag on boss here, but is there noisegate any good?

lemme know what you recommend! Amp and guitars are in sig.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
The boss is decent, I used it a while ago and I noticed loss of tone and still noise. I hear if you run it in the X configuration its better.

I got an ISP decimator because of all the amazing things people said about it. I got the G-String which is around $200, but you can run it in the FX loop and infront of the amp. The normal G-String is closer to $100 but can only be ran infront of the amp or in the FX loop. The only noticeable affect it has on my signal chain is loss of noise and sustain.
/rig
here we go again...

+1 iSP Decimator

(and if you ask nice I'll show you a $500 gate)
Quote by mespinos
The boss is decent, I used it a while ago and I noticed loss of tone and still noise. I hear if you run it in the X configuration its better.

I got an ISP decimator because of all the amazing things people said about it. I got the G-String which is around $200, but you can run it in the FX loop and infront of the amp. The normal G-String is closer to $100 but can only be ran infront of the amp or in the FX loop. The only noticeable affect it has on my signal chain is loss of noise and sustain.

This.
ISP Decimator G-String.

Or if you want even more, the Decimator Pro Rack G. I just got one and it's godly.
decimator is very good.

I actually tried my ns2 last night again (as i'm thinking of selling it), and while it'd work (especially in the x configuration), there is some kind of loss of tone with it, even when bypassed, the buffer doesn't seem to be very good. And there's actually a bit of a boost when it's turned on, which is weird. not as transparent (-feeling, as much as -sounding) as the decimator.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
isp decimator!!!!!!!
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣