Are there any pit-goers out there who have gone from being lazy and inefficent with their work to efficent and timely in getting it done? I'm getting sick of staying up past midnight to do work because I piss away time that I think I don't need. I can't see to find any strategy that works for me, so Im looking for original, proven solutions. Anbody have some?
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
Do it all the time. Meh, I'll post a more detailed reply later.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I'm actually pulling an all nighter right now... and i'm on ug instead of studying....
Quote by ikitson
I'm actually pulling an all nighter right now... and i'm on ug instead of studying....

You're not the only one. Every time I'm supposed to do work I'm either in the pit or playing guitar. But when I'm supposed to be playing guitar I'm in the pit so yeah, I'm always in the pit
Realizing halfway through the semester that I'll fail my college courses if I keep up the way I'm acting and that would make me an asshole who doesn't appreciate the valuable opportunity he's been provided by his parents and all the people that have helped him get there in the first place usually does it for me.

You may have to read that a few times for it to make sense...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I was in a terrible position at one point with distraction and procrastination. I am still not great with it, but I am improving. I came to think that the immediacy of modern technology (forums, facebook, msn, texting, etc) considerably impacted on my attention span and ability to delay gratification and concentrate. I couldn't sit down and concentrate on anything - studying for uni, or reading out of pure interests.

I pretty much don't use facebook anymore, and I only use msn if I need to tell someone something that's important, I restrict the time I spend on these forums, I refuse to text, I removed all windows games from the computer (lol, minesweeper is terrible for procrastination), I've never played any other games so those are not a problem for me, but I imagine that if you did play games regularly you should restrict the amount of time you spend doing it.

I procrastinate less, am less easily distracted, and can focus and concentrate better...
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by GodofCheesecake

You may have to read that a few times for it to make sense...

Makes perfect sense to me because I'm in the same situation :S
in middle school they spend the whole time telling you how brutal highschool is and that you will be up to 4 in the morning doing homework every single night so they decide to rape you for 2 years. turns out its only the advanced ap students who work that hard in highschool...thanks dicks

anyway when i was 13 in grade 8 i realized its easier to do homework as soon as you get it. when you get assigned reading, questions research etc. go home
east something take a shit, go to the kitchen table away from your comp, vidgames, tv ,guitar and friends. and do the homework. its that easy. ive never done so good at everything in life as i did when i was in grade 8.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Do it all the time. Meh, I'll post a more detailed reply later.

I knew someone would post something like that...not surprised it's Zero Hartman, too
Quote by MHDrunk
I was in a terrible position at one point with distraction and procrastination. I am still not great with it, but I am improving. I came to think that the immediacy of modern technology (forums, facebook, msn, texting, etc) considerably impacted on my attention span and ability to delay gratification and concentrate. I couldn't sit down and concentrate on anything - studying for uni, or reading out of pure interests.

I pretty much don't use facebook anymore, and I only use msn if I need to tell someone something that's important, I restrict the time I spend on these forums, I refuse to text, I removed all windows games from the computer (lol, minesweeper is terrible for procrastination), I've never played any other games so those are not a problem for me, but I imagine that if you did play games regularly you should restrict the amount of time you spend doing it.

I procrastinate less, am less easily distracted, and can focus and concentrate better...

you noticed my post in the murder thread before I deleted it
Quote by i_killed_bill
you noticed my post in the murder thread before I deleted it

I had to sig that
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
I was huge procrastinator when I first got to college. It didn't really change anything even when I got crap grades. I think once I had a revelation that I'm not going to remember the shit I'm doing instead of homework, I really started to be productive. Example: am I really going to miss out if I watch TV with my friends instead of studying? Will I really look back and be mad that I didn't screw around for a few hours instead of doing my homework? In most cases it's no, so I'll just lock myself in the library and get'er done.
I'm easily distracted, in the same problem as you are, but once i get started, i don't stop until i'm done.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by ikitson

+1
Procrastination is a lot like masturbation. It may sound like a good idea at the time. But in the end, you're only fucking yourself.

I just sit down and do my work. Then when I am done, I leave. But I put off most of my work til the last minute.