Which one should I get for metal to pop to blues. Big fan of nice nice cleans.

I got an VOX AD30 a ibanez s620exqm.

Which pedal(s) should i pick instead of the GT-10 pedal board?

Got another pedal board to recommend?

Or should I go individual pedals + new PUPs?

$600 US max

Please share your expertise and experiences
It depends what you want. The GT-10 is better for effects and working with your current amp. The POD X3 is better for its modeling capabilities and using that as the center for your tone. But the tone I'm currently using is the best of any modeler I've hear but I'm using a lot of other things in addition to the preamp. Only get a multi-effects unit if you're using it to its full capabilities. I bought the GT-10 with the intent of using it for effects. But the only ones I use are delay and OD. I use the preamps and EQ too, but that's only because I have to in my current situation. In all honesty, you can do a lot with a good amp. I use a 5150 preamp on a mid-high gain setting, and I only use the controls on my guitars for cleans even though I have access to a bunch of amp models, ODs, and other stuff.

Find out what you really need, maybe sell your amp and get something more suited to you. Spending all that money on a multi-effects unit doesn't make sense when you're only using it for 2 or 3 effects. Now it does come in handy for live situations where you can have everything at your feet along with MIDI capabilities. Single pedals generally sound better, but there are downsides to those too.

If you're planning on using a lot of pedals, get the GT-10, but if you're planning on using 2, get individual. And I would urge you to get the tone you're looking for from the amp instead of the external effects. You have a modeling amp already, and if it's not giving you the tone you want, it's the amp. Effects won't change that. Get a good amp and then work from there.
Wait.. You have a Valvetronix 30W..
Don't they have built in effects and channels that would get you what you want?
Although I could be wrong

Personally I dislike M-FX pedals and much prefer individual stomp boxes. Means you get some really nice effects that you need rather than a heap of ones that are mediocre and you'll probably never need.

What effects do you need / want?

Also.. wouldn't you prefer to spend that $600 on an amp? Just sayin...
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
Personally I dislike M-FX pedals and much prefer individual stomp boxes. Means you get some really nice effects that you need rather than a heap of ones that are mediocre and you'll probably never need.

I agree with this...

Unless you've got money to talk rack effects like the G-Major minimum, you're better off going for individual effect pedals which look cooler, are more likely to retain their value and have unique voicing you generally won't be able to achieve with low level multiFXs.

Plus... it helluva lot easier to twist some knobs than to adjust a digital readout.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
thanks for your input.

@JELIFISH19 - what's the downside of having individual pedals?
-
besides daisy chaining em with power and inconvenience when on the move.

I was looking at the GT-10 has more of a cost saver instead of getting individual pedals.
Because I don't really know which pedals are good, GT-10 will save me the trouble, time and money to go hunting.

Basically, I want a Wah, distortion pedal and delay. Pretty much adds up to GT-10

Cheers!
Dude the Pod X3 Live is a MUCH better pedal for recording and live scenarios when it comes to the heavier music like Metalcore, Death, Thrash etc.
The Boss is slightly better for cleans and for classic rock.
If I were you, I would get the Pod X3 Live. I'm dying for one
Distortion - Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret / Rothwell Hellbender / Blackstar HT-Dist
Delay - EHX Memory Boy / Boss DD3
Wah, not too sure i'm not great with wah.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by wolfofmibu
thanks for your input.

@JELIFISH19 - what's the downside of having individual pedals?
-
besides daisy chaining em with power and inconvenience when on the move.

I was looking at the GT-10 has more of a cost saver instead of getting individual pedals.
Because I don't really know which pedals are good, GT-10 will save me the trouble, time and money to go hunting.

Basically, I want a Wah, distortion pedal and delay. Pretty much adds up to GT-10

Cheers!

Well with individual pedals, you may find yourself tap-dancing sometimes. With a multi-effects pedal you can just press one switch and turn on/off as many effects as you like or even change settings. If you have a MIDI amp, you can even change channels on that. So you can completely change your sound with one switch on the multi-effect. And you really don't use effects that much in reality. For me, it's like this...in the rare case that I want chorus, I have it. But I would never actually buy a chorus pedal since I would only use it once every few months. But if you want more gain, it's probably better to look into a new amp that has the gain you need if you're willing to shell out GT-10 money.