I have two amps solid state amps right now, and both r having issues, n would like to upgrade. I don't play in a band, and have no future plans of becoming a guitar legend. I play alot of metal, and occasional blues, n mainly around house, no concerts.

I would like to switch to a tube amp, just love the sound you get from them. I don't need anything that will blow the glass out of my windows, but nothing too wimpy either. I am also on a budget like most everyone in the world right now, so my Marshall Kerry King Sig head ($2,000) or peav 5150 is out of the ?.
The Marshall Haze and Peavey Valveking amplifiers seem to be more in my price range, but r they any good?
Do you guys have any amp suggestions that would fit what I'm looking for?
Peavey 6505 combo or a B-52 AT-112? You can also look at Bugera (6260 or 333). Those are probably your best options for metal in that pricerange.
Can the b-52 do petrucci?
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
blackstar ht-5
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
blackstar ht-5

i wouldnt agree...i cranked one at the local music store and it sounded reallly noisy. Through a Gibson Les Paul Deluxe it was getting a very sterile tone with a shitload of feedback. I could only really get a good old rock sound....blues, country and metal where not achievable
Ht-5 needs a boost for metal, Its voiced for modern rock though

The b-52 at 112 is called the poor mans boogie, it's not, but I heard it great foe metal and has really good cleans

Can it take pedals and mfx though?
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
The peavey 6505 112 is $600 new. you might be able to find one used for $450. You can get a peavey ultra 112 on ebay for less than $300.

Don't get the marshall haze, though, it sucks.
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Marshall Haze is just blech. Not absolutely terrible. Not decent. Just blech. I don't understand why it even exists...

Valvekings are a little better but are not versatile at all and the EQ is terrible, not to mention the crappy speaker. Great mod amp though.

Bugera 333 or 333xl would work if you can find one in a shop and lower the price a little.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Liken the suggestions, looks like quite a few better amps than the ones I listed. I just started looking into these, and my AMS catalog is promoting them like "best bang for Buck". Must get a good deal on them.
I see those BUGERA amps (333-$649 & 6260-$599) which is right in my $range. Do they sound pretty decent? Also, Valve amps do use tubes like tube amps, right? Just wondering what exactly the difference is?