Okay I'm having internet problems.

I've been borrowing a friend's computer and ever since I got it from him, last Thursday, I can only use the internet for 2-5 minutes at a time. If I wait about an hour or restart the computer, it'll work again, but only for about 2-5 minutes.
I don't think it's the internet connection because the other computers in this house don't have this problem.

Also, about 50-60% of the time, I can browse and surf Ultimate-Guitar with no problems but when I try to go to any other website, it doesn't work. I can have UG in one tab working, but in another tab I'll try tons of websites and none will load.

It'll say loading... loading... then finally it'll say problem loading page. I dunno what the problem is.

I've taken it to different houses and hot spots and it works just fine, but here at home, it just doesn't work.

I've tried using both Mozilla and Internet Explorer.

I've also cleared the cache and deleted all the cookies and whatnot but nothing happens still.

If anyone can help or tell me what to change please do. I do have his okay to do whatever it takes to make it work.
computer thread.

tl;dr but if it's internet ping 127.0.0.1, if you get a response then you're good and it's probably a minor error.

ok well you get on the net here and there so it's not tcp/ip.
Last edited by ikitson at Nov 19, 2009,
Yeah I just now saw the computer thread and I guess I over looked it.

And I'm not sure I've ran a scan with norton and then Symantec, but maybe.
ask your friend if he set up a static ip with his router, I found that when I set up static ip then tried using net around a different house, it wouldn't work, I'm not sure about the 2-5 minutes thing though.
I can only really fix hardware/some software stuff, I'm lost when it comes to the internet.
1. Install CCleaner (Google it mofo)
2. Check every box related to the Internet Browser in the installed application.
3. Run it and delete everything.

If all else fails: Sacrifice a goat to Hades, and try again.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.