i just got a CUBE 30X and wondered whether i should use it only,or set it on plain and use a distortion pedal??
If you like thie distortion on the amp, use it. And If you want a pedal go for a boss ds-1 or ds-2, pretty decent distortions for a solid state amp.
Quote by nasserliverpool
i just got a CUBE 30X and wondered whether i should use it only,or set it on plain and use a distortion pedal??

I recently got one as well, and the distortion on it is pretty good. It takes a bit of tweaking to get the tone right, but overall I wouldn't bother buying a pedal, other than a footswitch to switch between clean and distorted. I only use it for playing on my own though, so yeah.. Wouldn't know what would be best if you were to use it on stage or for band rehearsals..
A pedal is always a pretty good investment. If you get a distortion pedal you can switch between clean and distorted quickly + you can take your distortion to another amp and use it there.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
the boss ds-1 sucks, dont get that. there are a bunch of threads on good distortion pedals
yeah i recently started learning the solo and i have everything perfect but theres this one part where i don't know how to get the proper note hitting.its the part at the beginning before you use the hammer ons on the 10th fret on the low E.i think it goes like bend the 9 hit the 7 on the low E and the 9 on the string before the E.Do i rake them or what??