Well i might be getting a new amp soon.

So hard i narrowed it down to these;
Bugera V55
Marshall TSl 601 or DSL 401
Fender HRD
Vox AC15(not loug enough, but ill probably pass it through a 212 or a 414.

i use a MIM strat and usually stuff by Pink Floyd, Muse, RATM and occasionally Nirvana, also stuff of my own. I also jam with people and we are starting a band. which one of these amps would suit me best?

Planning to use a pedal for distortion, maybe a MI Crunch Box and also ill prob get Neo Fuzz or a Zvex FF.

Thanks.
Have u played on these amps? in my experience it is best to never buy an amp without playing on it. And if ur gonna buy online do some serious research.

Hard to say, I havn't played on all of them. The voxac15 is really good though. Bugera sounds geat also.

If u plan on doing nirvana stuff i guess get the Marshall.
(\__/)
(='.'=) I'm gonna kill this F'n Buny...
(")_(")
I think that the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf.
i played on all of them, except the marshalls.

But marshalls cost alot for what they are, imo. So im still considering.

With the fender HRD, do you think i can get a good dis/fuzz with pedals?
Last edited by Bashkar at Nov 19, 2009,
Your drummer must be loud to say an AC15 isn't loud enough. Those are pretty stinkin' loud.
Hot rod's are pretty loud and good amps if you like that sort of style. My old Hrdeville4x10 was reliable for the first seven years then one speaker went. it was 72 bucks to fix. then i sold to a buddy.

It could get heavy with pedals in front.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
i'll tell you something: even though it's always better to test an amp before buying it, it takes approx. 6 weeks to really love or hate an amp.

choose an amp that you think has the potential. you know you're going to have to spend lots of time with it first anyway.
hmmmm, the burgeras are great amps, sound good really affordible, also a used dsl would suit you, AMAZING classic marshall tones as well as modern, the TSL is a tad darker sounding, you have to eq them to get a certain muddyness out, most people diddnt like that, really you have to pull alot of bass out of the tone, fender hotrods are great, easy to eq great tones, vox im not too expierianced with their od channels love the cleans though
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
apparently they don't sell the Marshall ds'ls anymore.
could you get a great distortion(almost metal) out of the fender HRD if your using a pedal?
i just saw a Vox Ac50 head for advertised 1000 australian dollars, RRP is around 2000.
those amps i mentioned are around 1000, except the bugera, its 700ish.

This might be a stupid idea, but should i just get the vox ac50 classic plus head and wait till i can afford a 2x12?
Last edited by Bashkar at Nov 20, 2009,
if you can deal with not playing the amp until you buy a cab.

make sure you know how it sounds first. otherwise you're going to be sitting there with a head that have you have no clue how it sounds, that you can't play.

but I like the AC50 custom classic. Doesn't really sound much like a typical Vox though, more Marshall grind than Vox chime.
they still make DSLs
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
The Vox AC15 is loud enough.
Trust me.

Hot Rod Devil, is probably too loud.
You'll almost never be able to crank it further than 2-3-4 on the volume, even when practising with a band.
any thoughts on the night train?
is the cab that comes with the night train any good?
Quote by Bashkar
any thoughts on the night train?
is the cab that comes with the night train any good?

the night train is awesome. and REALLY loud for 15W. i would get better cabinet though.
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
man i gotta try so many amps out still Zzz.

would the vox V212BN 2X12 cab be a good choice? its cheap lol.