I'm doing a research paper for my college English class on hacking, and I've heard rumors that there is a school in Britain for hacking, is this true? My search has led me to a dead end so I figured I would ask the pit.
theres loads of courses for ethical hacking, tho it would be impossible to have a legitimate couse on unethical hacking, so im saying no.
ive never heard of such a thing

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Yeah, it's called the school of british woodcutters.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by mcfreaki
Yeah, it's called the school of british woodcutters.

Beat me to it
Quote by cornmancer
In hell they make you play Mario Kart for all eternity. Every race you almost win, but then get triple blue shelled 5 feet from the finish line and get forced to watch everyone pass you.

XBL: FOOmike25

It's Your Fudging Nightmare
Well, with my quick 5 minute research

Ethical hacking = Hacking a computer system (normally hired by a company to test security)
in order to test security, this is done with guidelines set by owner and
with full disclosure.
Unethical hacking = Hacking computers with a malicious intent, to view protected files or
steal information that is not public.

If I am correct on these, what's the difference really. I mean an ethical hack could just as easily hack into a bank to tell them where security flaws are, as he could hack it to find out pin numbers and acount information...

The focus of my paper is that we should be teaching hacking in colleges (I'm going to discuss how background checks should be performed and strict punishments imployed upon unethical hackers with and without degrees in it)
Quote by Randal37
Well, with my quick 5 minute research

Ethical hacking = Hacking a computer system (normally hired by a company to test security)
in order to test security, this is done with guidelines set by owner and
with full disclosure.
Unethical hacking = Hacking computers with a malicious intent, to view protected files or
steal information that is not public.

If I am correct on these, what's the difference really. I mean an ethical hack could just as easily hack into a bank to tell them where security flaws are, as he could hack it to find out pin numbers and acount information...

The focus of my paper is that we should be teaching hacking in colleges (I'm going to discuss how background checks should be performed and strict punishments imployed upon unethical hackers with and without degrees in it)

The part where it changes red is exactly where the difference lies.

When the hacker does "Blue" it's ethical. But when he does "dark red" It's not.

Get it?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I get that much, but some one said there are only ethical hacking courses. So I'm asking is this ethical hacking course basically " Yeah this is how to hack a bank, but make sure you ask first" ? Can you take knowledge from an ethical hacking course, and use it for personal gains, which I assume you could, and that's what I was trying to get at. What is the difference between an ethical hacking course, and an un-ethical hacking course other than in an ethical hacking course the teacher is gonna say "Make sure to ask first!" lol