Poll: How many uses does your shower towel get?
Poll Options
View poll results: How many uses does your shower towel get?
1 use before laundry
35 17%
A couple of days
70 34%
A week or more
96 47%
I forgot to bring a towel
5 2%
Voters: 206.
Page 1 of 2
Good (morning/afternoon/evening) Pit.

Night before last, I stayed at a girls house. She gave me a towel to dry off with after showering in the morning. Last night, stayed at the same place, different towel!

I'm not offended, but I am wondering how many of us use a towel ONCE to dry off with then toss it in the laundry VS. how many use a towel for like a week.

Search'd and only found threads about masturbating and nipple removal :S
At home, I use a new towel everyday [and use the previous day towel as the floor towel for walking on when getting out of the shower].

At University, I only use one towel [as it's the only one I have in that size].

Therefore, I voted for my "At Home" towel usage... as I would do that at Uni if I could...
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Nov 19, 2009,
Now that I'm a lazy student, maybe 2-3 times. I can only do laundry once a week =/

As for rolled up towels, well, that's a different situation.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Now that I'm a lazy student, maybe 2-3 times. I can only do laundry once a week =/

As for rolled up towels, well, that's a different situation.

Agreed.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

When I live alone I use it many times before I wash it. When I live at my parents house I use a new one every time.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Umm up to 6 weeks? It's just water people. No need to be wasteful and have to wash them over and over.

Sometime even more than 6 weeks. It's not something I think about.

Edit: You guys are weird...
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Last edited by breadstick at Nov 19, 2009,
Normally about a week at uni where it's just me, at home they last about 3-4 days ( I think) with three-four people using them everyday.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
each towel gets 4 uses... i figure it only touches me when i'm clean (after a shower) so why not let it go a while...

I developed this in college when i was lazy and only did my laundry every 2 weeks (if not longer)
You used that towel to dry your genitals.
I do not wish to dry my hands/face/own genitals with the same towel without it being sprayed with battery acid and put on a spin cycle lasting at the very least 1 hour at 60 degrees.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Nov 19, 2009,
If its to dry my whole body off after bath/shower then i use a different one every time, do you really want a soaking wet towel stinking your house out?
I have a seperate towel for drying hands and face after a quick wash.
Edit: also besides the fact that a used towel stinks like buggery, drying yourself with an already damp towel is hardly productive and makes you smell like damp sh*t.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Last edited by alkalineweeman at Nov 19, 2009,
Quote by breadstick
Umm up to 6 weeks? It's just water people. No need to be wasteful and have to wash them over and over.

Sometime even more than 6 weeks. It's not something I think about.

My thoughts exactly!

You've WASHED in the shower, so you just dried off clean water...didn't you? When you dry your dishes do you only use that towel once too?
More than a week, about the time it takes for it to be drenched. I'm not dirty after getting out of a shower, so why should I change them?
Also, sauce on said threads?
As of recent it's been the same towel for 2 days, though it used to be a new one everyday (if I stay at my friends place he usually gives me a towel for however long I'm there for, the longest being a week).
My only problem with using the same more than once, is the towel ends up drying less and less each time, as it's wet itself.
A week. I only shower two times a week at home, the rest of the time I shower at the swimming pool after I finished my training.
like a new 1 every time. if were back in the u.k like 2-3 times but here if you use it an leave it for like 20mins it stinks like ass
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
about a week
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Here at uni a week or more. I have no more money to do my laundry and I have 1 clean towel left (I only have 2 towels and 2 hand towels) atm.

At home I'd use a towel for a week then use a clean one.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I use a hair dryer.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Alternate between two towels. Two laundry days a week.

Works out to be one every 1.75 days... wait that can't be right.
Once.

Even after it's dried, a wet towel still smells wet. Nothing compared to a fresh towel.
RULE BRITANNIA
I'm a horrible dirty student. I had two towels but one got jelly on it, and I haven't bothered cleaning it, instead I've left it on my bedroom floor. The one I do use has been washed about 3 or 4 times in the past 8 weeks... it doesn't smell bad or anything, I think it's probably fine.
A couple of days use out of a towel.
Mind you, if a PitMonkey used one, I'd burn it.
Quote by osXtiger
You used that towel to dry your genitals.
I do not wish to dry my hands/face/own genitals with the same towel without it being sprayed with battery acid and put on a spin cycle lasting at the very least 1 hour at 60 degrees.

well if you have showered then your genitals should be clean
if they arent you obv aint showering properly

between a week and two weeks. depends on how big my washing pile builds up and how much money i have. i am at uni and it costs me a load each time to do washing, so whenever i have space for it. i have spare towels anyway. but its only water. what harm is water. lol. i have a hand towel anyway just to wash my hands

if im at my parents i have 2 smaller towels which will last however long i stay, usually 2-3 days. although 2 smaller ones one for me and one for my hair. lol
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
There's a certain smell that towels get after about 5-6 uses. As soon as that smell kicks in, I replace the towel.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Hanson are musical legends.

You watch your god damn mouth when talking about them.

Quote by TheQuailman

I mean, look at me. Can't even get an erection unless I strangle a goat.

It's Time To Be Immortal Cause Heros Never Die!
I can't afford to use a towel once and wash it straight away now I'm at uni! I only have two, so I usually have about a week of using, sometimes a bit more.
until they smell funky
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by AceOfBlades
I'm a horrible dirty student. I had two towels but one got jelly on it, and I haven't bothered cleaning it, instead I've left it on my bedroom floor. The one I do use has been washed about 3 or 4 times in the past 8 weeks... it doesn't smell bad or anything, I think it's probably fine.

That's just nasty...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
usually until it smells, but i leave it on a radiator to dry it for next time i use it.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
I've used my current one for about 7 weeks without washing and it's fine. I don't understand why they need washing regularly at all to be honest.
Up The Boro!
at home: 1-3 weeks

at university: 1-3 weeks

why would you wash it after one use? that makes no sense, it's not even dirty
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.
Well maybe she washed it because someone different than her (you) used it and thinks it's nicer to have a clean towel instead of one that's been used by someone else.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
I use it over for about a week, unless i forget to hang it up after my shower and it isnt dry by the next day.

A lot of people think that its disgusting, but the way i see it is, if you cleaned yourself properly in the shower, where the hell is the dirt coming from?

I mean, these same people wont use a towel twice, but will wear the same t-shirt/top two days in a row(i dont disagree with that either, its just a lot more disgusting comapred to reusing a towel )
Quote by breadstick

No, we're students with no money for laundry.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Wait... back the **** up already.

You're meant to wash towels?

I stick mine on the radiator after I've used them so they don't go mouldy/etc, wash them once a term (it's a pretty tight fit in the washing machine anyway, so yeah).
Page 1 of 2