ok, so im puttin a pedalboard together and i need a delay, but i just cant make up my mind! its pretty much down to the boss dd-20, or electro harmonix deluxe memory boy or stereo memory man with harazai. i like the sound of an analog delay, but then i really wanna have a tweakable sound like the dd-20 has. on the other hand, i may could find a used deluxe memory man.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Have you looked into the Line 6 DL-4 or the T.C. Electronics Nova Delay or Nova Repeater? If not, do so.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
those are a bit out of my price range, and the dl-4 takes up too much space
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99

What is your price range and what are you going to be using these delays for?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
say 200 max, but i could go used. and id use a delay for all kinds of things. im thinking the dd-20 would be good for a good u2/pink floyd texture type sounds, but then i really like analog delay. (my dream delay is the empress superdelay, but its 400 dollars) i like that the deluxe memory boy has a tap tempo, but then i like that the harazai also has a looper and reverse delay for those crazy hendrixy sounds.
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99

Sounds like the Hazarai is it for you then. Go out and play one before you buy, and play others as well. Btw, the DL-4 is only 50 bucks more.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I was gonna say Empress Super Delay... or Tone Czar's Echo Czar... or the Pigtronix Echolution.

Then I saw the budget.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
I was gonna say Empress Super Delay... or Tone Czar's Echo Czar... or the Pigtronix Echolution.

Then I saw the budget.

i know. i want the superdelay so bad! but for that kind of cash i could buy a used ac15. i hate GAS.
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99

that nova repeater looks great! but now im thinking, if i go the digital route, should i get a used dd-20 or that?
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99

A DL4 won't really take up that much space, and you can do so much more with it than with any of the other pedals mentioned.
idk. it seems big, that and i just dont like line 6
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99

I have 2 of them on my board, and I don't regret it. You could also check out the Echo Park by Line 6. It's almost all of the DL4 delays in a regular sized stomp box. It's got tap tempo, really great value. You could probably find a used one for $120.