So after delivering my JCM900 to a tech to be fixed and my lecture this morning being cancelled I decided to go try some amps out. So here's what I tried and my thoughts on them & some pics. (I was playing blues & rock with a Fender MIA tele)

Orange Rocker 30
This I love, I was playing this amp for about an hour in total just because I loved it so much. It has more than enough gain for what I need so if I'm ever in a metal mood I can get there without pedals.
The combo sounded great but to give me a flavor of what the head would sound like I plugged into the Orange PPC212 and it sounded much more open and defined.

Peavey Windsor
I was extremely impressed with the Windsor, I was expecting it to be a bit lacking in everything with the price tag but it's really not. The cleans I think aren't the greatest I've ever heard, but they are pretty good for a single channel amp. Easy to EQ as well, I got a tone from it that I quite liked after about 2 min of basic fiddling. The gain on it is pretty impressive as well, the pre-amp volume on the low gain input takes you up to some classic rock levels maybe a bit more than that. Then the high input will take you to around Metallica levels of gain before it gets a little bit fizzy.
Great sounding amp, especially for the price. Definitely gets you those classic british tones.

Side note: Has anyone else noticed how huge the head is!?

Peavey Delta Blues 115
Now this I was so close to buying until I plugged back into the Orange. The cleans are godly, if I was more of a clean blues man I would snap this thing up in an instant. I can't quite find words to describe them In built reverb tank only sweetens the deal. But the OD on it is quite fizzy. Which is a shame. I pushed it right up to 12 and rolled it back a bit, on the lower end it was more of a creamy overdrive more for blues, it only really started to distort at about 5 (IIRC) and at about 7 (again IIRC) it got a bit fizzy.
But for cleans it was amazing.

Marshall JMP Reissue
If only I was a richer man...
This was really, really nice. Beautiful glassy cleans and a really nice overdrive. Not much more to say really it's an amazing amp
I can't compare it to the original 'cos I've never played it.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Nov 19, 2009,
Always good to hear about some amps man. Thanks!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Nice Reviews!

Couldnt agree more on the rocker 30, brilliant amp, and ive still yet to try the reissue JMP.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Thanks for the reviews, Ben!

I love playing the smaller Oranges too. Hard to put them down. I've played original JMPs, but no re-issues . Pretty decent, but not enough gain & bark for my taste. I agree about the Windsor too. Very good value, one of the best bangs for the buck out there, just way too loose on the low end, but hey, for the price it's still great. Never tried the Delta Blues, but after your review, I think I'll have to try one!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Flargh. I'd so be saving for an orange by now if they had effects loops in the models that don't cost an arm and leg.

Did you really think it could do metal? What kind of metal are we talking here? Maiden kinda stuff?

My memories vague but I cant remember it doing metal.

What guitar were you using, i was using an okay squier when i lst played one. Maybe it's the reason i didnt get as much gain/didn't like the cleans.
nice reviews

yeah, the windsor head is fairly big
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by beckyjc
Flargh. I'd so be saving for an orange by now if they had effects loops in the models that don't cost an arm and leg.

Did you really think it could do metal? What kind of metal are we talking here? Maiden kinda stuff?

My memories vague but I cant remember it doing metal.

What guitar were you using, i was using an okay squier when i lst played one. Maybe it's the reason i didnt get as much gain/didn't like the cleans.

Check Gabe's vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtKpsi-oAY8
At the end of it he shows some metal and that's a pretty sweet heavy tone IMO. Anything it can't do though I'm sure that Dirty Bomb will more than do the trick

Thanks for the kind words guys

311 my apoligies! I forgot to upload them and then went to see Rise Against (which was freaking amazing! ) Here are the promised pics of where I spent my very happy morning:

On top of that Orange cab is a Blackstar Artisan that I didn't play with much purely because it was out of my price range.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Yeah, those Windsors are sweet. Boosted one with a metal muff at my local music store, and it was a really fun tone.

Metal is very, very vague, btw
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
The reissue is sweet, it's got a sliver Marshall logo which looks really classy.

DBD: I know, I thought I'd put what metal in my OP but I accidentally closed one and lost what I'd written. I meant Metallica/Maiden/Sabbath kinda metal.

I got a call today from the store saying the Orange Rocker 30 head was in stock for me and has my name on in the back
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band