ok, so right now ive got a big muff, and its good for some things, but im puttin a pedalboard together, and im thinking i need even a couple fuzzes for all im wanting. im wanting some crazy fuzz type tones like the fuzz factory, aswell as that smashing pumpkins/black sabbath grind and david gilmour like sustain like a big muff, but then i want that classic hendrixy type fuzz like a fuzz face. im thinking a fuzz factory could work for the first 2 (or maybe the mastotron??) but then what about the hendrixy side?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

I don't know about you, but the Big Muff gets the Hendrix sounds easily. Roll back the sustain a tad, full volume on pickups and it sounds good.

Have you tried experimenting with the volume knobs on your guitar, they changed the Pi sound for me alot.
If you want some sweet boutique fuzzes check out www.proguitarshop.com a visit. They have a video for every pedal on their too.
My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now
Quote by beckyjc
deviever.com (Lots of fuzz here. Msot of ts pretty crazy, i reccomend the soda meiser/hyperon, it'll do muff tones on low intensities.

http://willsledgefx.com/5KF.html (Fuzz Factory Clone)

Meh @ Devi Ever. All the pedals are pretty much FF settings.

Anyway, Big Muff will do Sabbath/Pumpkins, you could mod yours or look for a Stomp Under Foot Muff or an Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz.

Muff style pedals really don't do the Hendrix tone very well. For Hendrix, look into MJM and Roger Mayer fuzzes. I have a Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz, which pretty much was Hendrix's fuzz on Axis: Bold as Love and everything after that, nails the tone.

You wont get Gilmour's sound out of a Big Muff alone. His early tone came from a Fuzz Face and a Colorsound Overdriver and his later tone was from a Muff and a Butler Tube Driver.

What's your budget anyway?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Nov 19, 2009,
say 200? i might could sell my muff
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Nov 19, 2009,
i'm plugging this one all the time (cuz I have it and I love it), but Dan Electro's Cool Cat Fuzz is really good, especially for only 30 bucks. It has a lot of volume and bottom end, and the fuzz and tone control both have really wide ranges. Very versatile, great sounding pedal. Even if you aren't on a tight budget, I really recommend you check it out.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's