my guitar is a 1 year-old ibanez. a couple of days ago i noticed that my guitar keeps de-tuning itself very fast especially the low E and the G . When i tune it up there's like a scrr coming out of the metal thingeys that keep the D G B E strings down. If i pull the string in the direction opposite to the guitar's body it goes like a full step down and when i use the whammy bar to get a half step down or a full step down note, after putting it in the normal position again, the strings are tuned like 1/2 step up. I will try changing the strings but i dont really think that this is the cause since i've been using the same type of strings and since my strings are like 1 month old
HEEEEELLPPPPP!!!!
Two words...
Floyd Rose.
"Bleed in your own light, Dream of your own life, I miss me, I miss everything...I'll never be"
i can only use the whammy bar to make the notes lower, not higher. i got no ideea if its a floyd rose or not that's all i know.

HEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPP!!!
Last edited by sergiume at Nov 19, 2009,
Yeah whammy bars aren't too great if you don't have a good bridge...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
It isn't floyd rose if it goes out of tune
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Does your guitar have locking nuts?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
can u explain me what a locking nut is? i dont know english words very well for this kind of parts
With a nut like that, you can't do crazy stuff with the tremolo, or it will go out of tune. Your the strings are getting caught in the nut. You need lube the nut.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
thinking better now do think this is the problem because i noticed that the strings are held quite hard there... thanks a lot mate, you saved my life