Does anyone know what kind of tone spruce will give as tonewood for a guitar?
Because wood is expensive here in the netherlands and european (norwegian) spruce is one of the reasonable prices woods here
Quote by steven seagull
Howver, Spider have pretty lights to keep kids with ADD occupied.

My gear:
Epi ZW Buzzsaw LP
Ibanez S7320
Yerasov Detonator 100W
Laney VC15
Line6 Floor Pod+
Well, Spruce is used in acoustic guitars. Although, I'm not sure which variety of Spruce. Mainly used for the top, as far as I'm aware but with some made with a whole body of spruce.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
ow, note that im talking about electric guitars here, not acoustic
Quote by steven seagull

My gear:
Epi ZW Buzzsaw LP
Ibanez S7320
Yerasov Detonator 100W
Laney VC15
Line6 Floor Pod+
in the wood thread they barely talk about spruce, i didnt get many clues from it,

and does anyone know what it sounds like, cuz i like a bit bass (6-7), low mids (3-4) and high treble (8-9-10)
Quote by steven seagull

My gear:
Epi ZW Buzzsaw LP
Ibanez S7320
Yerasov Detonator 100W
Laney VC15
Line6 Floor Pod+
In acoustic guitars it's a good, brighter, yet well rounded wood witha high dynamic ceiling. They usually use Sitka, Englman (sp?) and Adriondack.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
What Shin said is correct. One of the brighter sounding woods used in acoustics, but warmer than maple. Probably the most common wood for acoustic tops. Never heard of an electric made of it.

In the future though, this kind of question needs to go in the Tone Wood thread, that is what we made it for.
Last edited by Blast For Satan at Nov 19, 2009,